🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Capital 1 reject letter rec'd

Options
Advice please from all u experts.......sent my letter off to Capital 1 and they replied saying that as I applied over the internet (back in 2003) and that I ticked the so-called boxes :mad: that they have not mis sold the policy to me and won't consider my claim. Question...has anyone else been in similar position ie. applied over the net? and how have you progressed??

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Gezza09 wrote: »
    Advice please from all u experts.......sent my letter off to Capital 1 and they replied saying that as I applied over the internet (back in 2003) and that I ticked the so-called boxes :mad: that they have not mis sold the policy to me and won't consider my claim. Question...has anyone else been in similar position ie. applied over the net? and how have you progressed??
    Oh hun, this is so maddening, I am sure there are others with "pre ticked boxes" who have won. You now need to send another letter to reiterate your complaint once more to take this to the 8 weeks if this is not their final response.

Perhaps someone will be along to answer soon hun. I will try and look this up too but in the meantime just know you are not alone.

K xx
  • Gezza09
    Gezza09 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Sent letter 2 off yesterday...lets wait and see.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your response ...have a great Easter;)
  • Gezza09
    Options
    Guys thanks for your advice on here, it has been invaluable. :money:
    Well I sent off my second letter to Capital 1 asking them to reconsider their zero offer based on my 'ticking boxes' back in February 2003. told them I did not recall ticking any box (how can anyone after all this time?) rec'd letter today now offering a goodwill gesture of £256.92 inc. interest. I'm shocked/surprised/delighted to say the least. :j As I only hold statements from Dec04 to Dec06 (then after PPI was no longer charged from Jan07, but not at my request?) my figures for this 2yr period total £251 +interest. However as I took the card out back in Feb03 there is a gap of 1yr & 9mths not accounted for. Should I press on and ask for statements for the missing period or accept their present offer and be grateful?? Any thoughts anyone?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Gezza09 wrote: »
    Guys thanks for your advice on here, it has been invaluable. :money:
    Well I sent off my second letter to Capital 1 asking them to reconsider their zero offer based on my 'ticking boxes' back in February 2003. told them I did not recall ticking any box (how can anyone after all this time?) rec'd letter today now offering a goodwill gesture of £256.92 inc. interest. I'm shocked/surprised/delighted to say the least. :j As I only hold statements from Dec04 to Dec06 (then after PPI was no longer charged from Jan07, but not at my request?) my figures for this 2yr period total £251 +interest. However as I took the card out back in Feb03 there is a gap of 1yr & 9mths not accounted for. Should I press on and ask for statements for the missing period or accept their present offer and be grateful?? Any thoughts anyone?

Hi there and well done.:beer:

I would ask them to send you a full written breakdown of the calculations, which should show how they worked this out.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Gezza09
    Options
    Hello di
    I agree with your suggestion and I have indeed posted a further letter off to Capital 1 today seeking breakdown of their gesture of goodwill.;) Let's wait and see!
  • Gezza09
    Options
    :j Received further letter from Cap1 today. They are responding to my letter before action and now upped their offer from 50% refund to 100% refund. Expect £493 off my card within 14 days. Offer is to avoid wasting Courts time apparently! Keep the battle going everybody it does pay in the end. thanks everyone (particularly Di) for all your advice. :j

Note: Cap1 took me more seriously as I succesfully claimed all my credit charges back but I did end up having to take it to Court, complaint upheld.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport