Disability Living Allowance and Jobseekers' Allowance (Income Based

Options
13»

Comments

• cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    LRM and LRC both pay £18.65 now so that would be £37.30 a week with the £27.50 on top totalling £64.80 on top of her JSA. Make sure JSA backdate the premium to when her DLA was awarded.
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh wow, yes thanks- her DLA is backdated to February 14th. I've advised her to take the letter with her when she signs on.

Thanks for all you help!

Today has been a good day. Not only has my son's girlfriend had this good news, but she has also heard she has passed her Maths exam, my son found a fiver on the footpath and I have won £25 on the Premium Bonds.

Just need to hear that my husband's Incapacity Benefit is going to continue now!

Thanks once again.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Options
    As long as the 'claim' for the premium is made within a month they will backdate that. At least that is how it worked for the SDP. I assume its the same if not more lenient for the DP.
  • moonlight2108
    Options
    i am deaf also got asperger syndrome and learning disability
    and i get jsa 193.70 every 2 week and 78.30 every month not sure it i get
    disability premium at all can u help because i get lower dla
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Hi moonlight, just to say that my original thread is over two-years old, the young woman in question is working now!

Ask at the jobcentre if you get the premium.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • chemer2011
    Options
    Are you saying that if she gets DLA lower rates and Job Seekers that they will discount her job seekers and just give her 27.50 a week????
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    chemer2011 wrote: »
    Are you saying that if she gets DLA lower rates and Job Seekers that they will discount her job seekers and just give her 27.50 a week????

AFAIK she will get her DLA, her Jobseekers and £27.50 (or whatever the current rate is) on top.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure