Help for the elderly / disabled

Options
I am trying to find out the best place for my father to contact, he is hoping to get help to repair his driveway.

To cut a long story short it has a nasty drain that my grandmother (who used to live in the house) ended up tripping on at an elderly age and she broke her hip and died in the end.

Now my father is approaching 80, a good few years ago he paid a fly by company to sort the drive way but they did a terrible job and now there is a lot more trip hazards.

I found some info and contacts for him previously but he has lost these details and I cant seem to find the same info.

I have came across the below info but that is now 4 years out of dat, does such a scheme still exist or are there other avenues for him to try.

Any help and advice appreciated, sorry if this is in the wrong section

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_10016181

Comments

• zico_2
    zico_2 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    You need to find out if there is a Home Improvement Agency (HIA) in your area. The local council will know if there is one. They can often help with advice on grants which may be available, however, if it is purely maintenance then there may not be anything available, but the HIA will advise. This advice is assuming your dad owns the house, if not he should approach the landlord. hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure