Multiple ISA's

Options
I have a YBS e-ISA and just opened a LTSB FR ISA with zero balance. I was going to transfer a good deal of it into the LTSB account but a local branch didn't know what to do with the transfer form. So I came away with it intending to post it.

Thing is I've had second thoughts - two reasons.

1. The printed transfer form that results from filling out the web form is to transfer an existing fixed ISA to the LTSB fixed ISA. My existing account is variable.

Do other people's LTSB transfer forms say this (fixed to fixed)?

2. I think I prefer the flexibility of a variable account and the NatWest e-ISA looks good (better).

I don't bank with NatWest so applied for a e-Savings account today so I can get an e-ISA.

How long does the e-Savings application take as you have to sent ID? Can ID be taken to a branch to shortcut?

Is it OK to have 3 ISAs, assuming I leave the LTSB account empty or cancel it, while I transfer? I originally intented to transfer most to LTSBFRISA then once done transfer the rest to NatWest e-ISA.

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    Is it OK to have 3 ISAs.....
    An ISA isn't an ISA until it's funded - if you have paid absolutely nothing into the LTSB FRISA, just forget it.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    2. I think I prefer the flexibility of a variable account and the NatWest e-ISA looks good (better).

Just remember that fixed doesn't necessarily mean inflexible. Halifax have an ISA (ISA Direct Reward) that is very flexible with its terms, but still has a fixed rate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure