Royal Mail new postage prices 3rd April

Options
When listing over the next couple of weeks remember to factor in the new postal charges:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400126&mediaId=22900488&campaignid=newprices2006

These prices are valid from 3rd April 2006 to 21st August 2006; when Pricing in Proportion will be introduced. For full details please visit our Pricing in Proportion pages.

Soo
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• callansdad
    callansdad Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hate the pricing in proportion thing. Is it me or are they bumping up their stamp prices a little so that when the new pricing structure comes in in August it will seem to people (ones that don't Ebay anyway) that its far cheaper??
    A banker is someone who lends you an umbrella when the sun is shining, and who asks for it back when it start to rain.
  • highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am seriously dreading the new pricing in proportion structure. How on earth will be able to properly estimate p+p without getting out the tape measure! lol.
  • zorber
    zorber Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    highguyuk wrote:
    I am seriously dreading the new pricing in proportion structure. How on earth will be able to properly estimate p+p without getting out the tape measure! lol.

I agree it going to cost the seller now. Before it was easy to weigh an item and find the price, this is now only going to cause the long post office queues to get longer as cashers struggle to find pricing.
    The post office may have shot them self in the foot here with this greedy new policy and they might find people turn away from a complicated system and start making more use of 3rd party carriers with simple price bands.
    :confused:
    "Save the cheerleader - Save the world"
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    I think a lot of ebayers, possibly myself included, will just give up so it will be bad for people all round
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • OllieLong
    OllieLong Posts: 486 Forumite
    Options
    I will be buying up a load of 1st and 2nd class stamps before 3rd April as they do not have the price on them just '1st' or '2nd'.
  • isayoldchap
    isayoldchap Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    Options
    zorber wrote:
    I agree it going to cost the seller now. Before it was easy to weigh an item and find the price, this is now only going to cause the long post office queues to get longer as cashers struggle to find pricing.
    The post office may have shot them self in the foot here with this greedy new policy and they might find people turn away from a complicated system and start making more use of 3rd party carriers with simple price bands.
    :confused:
    zorber
    Providing you use their table here
    http://sg.royalmail.com/servlet/acedispatcher?funcId=100&AceApplication=consignia&pageId=frameset

As for the 3rd party carrier try these
    https://www.parcels4delivery.com They will also be using more carriers shortly.
    Ideal for those heavier parcels that can be collected in the afternoon/early evening from an address you choose.Why pay those steep prices for parcel post when usually the same carrier can collect for a good discount.
    I like the fact that they give a minimum insurance of £150 on your parcel and
    a full refund if they fail to deliver on their next day service.25% on 48hr)
    Charge your customers the parcel post office price.Quids in I think
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport