60th Birthday Gift ideas?

Options
It's my mum's 60th birthday this year and I have no idea what to get for her!
What do you get someone who seems to have everything?!

The gift will be from myself, hubby and our 2 kids, although I could split costs and get a joint present with my sister too if it was a really special/expensive gift.

However, as this is the MSE website, I don't want to spend a fortune and am on the lookout for any suggestions!

Any ideas? I haven't even thought about a budget as I have no idea what people buy for this special age.

Comments

• sunrise27_2
    sunrise27_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Options
    can't help with the present but I could make her a fantastic handmade card lol
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have seen some really lovely cards for sale, but I could do a handmade one I suppose - I'll keep my eyes out for ideas!
  • a_sav
    a_sav Posts: 1,658 Forumite
    Options
    The pot of gold made up of chocs & lottery/scratch cards ? Made it up for few friends who were impressed
  • CG77
    CG77 Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    How much were you thinking of spending purpleposting4?

CG. x
    New Year, New Me!!!
    Weight loss mission 2012 has officially begun!!
    :jLoss so far: 3 stone 4lbs:j
  • beccam
    beccam Posts: 962 Forumite
    Options
    Its my mums and dads 60th this year, we got them tickets to see Cliff Richard and the Shadows which were quite expensive but between 3 daughters and partners.
    Now though we are on the look out for a second
    hand, good condition Wii/wii fit for them since they have had a go on mine and loved it plus they both cancelled gym membership this year as they couldn't afford it anymore so they would benefit from the wii fit! Keep them active in their old age! ;-)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's just it, I don't know! She's my mum so want it to be special, but I'm not made of money!
    Ok, an approx. figure - £50 - give or take?!? I don't know if that's enough?!? x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    (maybe £100 instead?!?)
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Purpleposting, my dad was year before last. For his birthday my sister and I had a budget of £25 each and we had to find 25 things each! We managed 50 presents all of which were individually wrapped and placed along the length of the table at the restaurant where we ate. We also tied balloons up on the backs of the chairs and had a birthday cake :D
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • CG77
    CG77 Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Ummm what about a 'doing present' as my nieces and nephewcall them?! A massage/beauty treatment? A ticket to something they like?

My mum and dad were both 60 this year too and we sent them for a weekend away, but again it was between 3 siblings and our families.

What does she like to do/visit/watch/listen to??

CG. x
    New Year, New Me!!!
    Weight loss mission 2012 has officially begun!!
    :jLoss so far: 3 stone 4lbs:j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    She loves Golf, going to their villa in Spain(!), is very organised, took early retirement a couple of years ago. She likes 60's music and not-too-noisy modern music, enjoys romance/comedy/drama films and likes eating healthy and keeping fit - in fact their lifestyle puts most to shame!

I've seen a cake that is perfect for her, if they still do it that is!
    It's a golfers cake from M&S and I can have the no.60 put on the flag. I hope they still do it...'goes to check'...!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure