Won With First Plus

HI All

We have won our case with the FOS against First Plus.
We had a letter from the Fos saying that they have now finished with our case,and we have wait for a figure from First Plus.
Shall I hound First Plus for a figure or shall i wait for them?

Advise please. Many thanks
Lian

Comments

• sue149
    sue149 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Lian1969 wrote: »
    HI All

We have won our case with the FOS against First Plus.
    We had a letter from the Fos saying that they have now finished with our case,and we have wait for a figure from First Plus.
    Shall I hound First Plus for a figure or shall i wait for them?

Advise please. Many thanks
    Lian
    hi we have had the same we recieved the letter from the fos 20t march f/plus ha till the 29th april not heard anything yet will let u knowwhen we recieve it
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Hi there

You could ask the FOS if they have actually given them a figure, on one my hubby's they did (not FO thought) when he asked them, but I know some companies do not, I can't see in any harm in asking FP, hopefully they will confirm this to you.
    good luck.

Congratulations both on the wins here, this is great news, especially when it's regarding FP.:beer: :T :beer: :T :beer: :T

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Well done on a great victory with FP.

Can I ask how you did it?:confused:

I have an ongoing PPI claim just now and sent a letter away to them last week so fingers crossed.

I had one then took out another loan with the first lot of PPI added onto the 2nd I am really pleased that someone has finally won with FP hehe wd both of you.
    :jLiving Life to the Full :)
  • can someone help me I had a loan with firstplus that I took insurance with which has now been repaid, the loan was taken out in 2006, I have written to complain about the misselling of my ppi insurance but they company that i took the loan through loanline has went bust. I received a letter from kennedys solictors stating that they have no proof that i was missold. Please can anyone help
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    can someone help me I had a loan with firstplus that I took insurance with which has now been repaid, the loan was taken out in 2006, I have written to complain about the misselling of my ppi insurance but they company that i took the loan through loanline has went bust. I received a letter from kennedys solictors stating that they have no proof that i was missold. Please can anyone help

Hi hun

So sorry to hear this news, its so frustrating when a company goes bust, however it is known that both broker and lender have the responsibility here, but you could however contact the Financial compensation scheme (FSCS) to ask if loan-line are listed with them here:
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/
    Give them a call there should be a contact number on the link.

If they are listed they should arrange to send out a form for you to complete, then when in default they will investigate your complaint and it will be arranged for a pay out from these if successful, there is no harm in asking them.;)

Please let us know what they say hun, this will be very helpful for also others to be aware as well.

Good luck
    Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Lian1969
    Lian1969 Posts: 72 Forumite
    hi Sue
    Iwill let you know when i have some news .
    Thanks
    Lian
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family