Egg anniversary question

Options
I did quite a bit of stoozing last year, had about £16000 in my savings account from credit cards at 0% apr, i didnt earn as much interest as i thought.

The anniversary is here again and i could transfer £6000 from my egg card to my alliance and leicester premier savings account at about 5% gross.

My question is how much money would i make on £6000 at about 5% gross for 6 months ?

thanks

Comments

• smartsaver
    smartsaver Posts: 968 Forumite
    Options
    I make it about £150 before tax :)
  • Jon_S_4
    Jon_S_4 Posts: 259 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    thanks for the reply, i dont have to do much , so i guess its worth the transfer

thanks
  • HGLTsuperstar
    HGLTsuperstar Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    Options
    Jon_S wrote:
    I did quite a bit of stoozing last year, had about £16000 in my savings account from credit cards at 0% apr, i didnt earn as much interest as i thought.
    How much were you expecting, that's a nice sum if you put it in a good rate account

The anniversary is hear again and i could transfer £6000 from my egg card to my alliance and leicester premier savings account at about 5% gross.
    What about A&L online saver at 5.2% gross

My question is how much money would i make on £6000 at about 5% gross for 6 months ?
    Go to https://www.whatsthecost.com and select the stoozing calcualtor. It works out your monthly repayments set against the interest being earnt over a period of your choice
  • Jon_S_4
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Thanks for the link HGLTsuperstar, very helpfull
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Of course you interest will be reduced slightly because you'll have to pay back the minimum payments over the offer period.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Jon_S_4
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Of course you interest will be reduced slightly because you'll have to pay back the minimum payments over the offer period.

I wont make the payments from the £6000 transfered, will use current account for minimum payments and think of it as a way of saving, so when 6 months is up i should have a nice amount.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure