Bank charges reclaim - Harpship case

Options
Hi,
I applied for my bank charges to be refunded many moons ago and am now in financial hardship. I have spoken to the bank (ABBEY) and have received income & expenditure forms.

As far as the evidence they require, do i need to send all original documents? Or will they accept photocopies?

Has anyone had much success with ABBEY when claiming back bank charges through Hardship?

Many thanks for any help

Comments

• grayclose31
    grayclose31 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    I have received the same documents from Barclays.

I could also do with some advice on what to and not to say.
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    dfitz24 wrote: »
    Hi,
    As far as the evidence they require, do i need to send all original documents? Or will they accept photocopies?
    Always photocopies, never, never part with original documents.
  • dfitz24
    dfitz24 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, thats what I was thinking as I've previously lost a passport to Abbey for 5 months! Wasn't keen on the idea of sending originals.
  • eurekar
    eurekar Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I sent in hardship forms to Abbey....they probably owe me in the region of 5K! After about a month I received a cheque for £956 in part payment with accompanying letter stating they would be contacting me in regards to the remainder...seeing as they never actually sent me all the statements requested I think they are on the back foot.....

I also had a letter from Alliance and Leicester solicitors Wragge & Co this morning saying that another solicitors had taken over the case and that the document had been sent to the courts for filing....hmmmmm looks like the cogs of wealth are finally moving!!!

Good luck to us all in the coming months......
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    eurekar wrote: »
    I sent in hardship forms to Abbey....they probably owe me in the region of 5K! After about a month I received a cheque for £956 in part payment with accompanying letter stating they would be contacting me in regards to the remainder...seeing as they never actually sent me all the statements requested I think they are on the back foot.....

I also had a letter from Alliance and Leicester solicitors Wragge & Co this morning saying that another solicitors had taken over the case and that the document had been sent to the courts for filing....hmmmmm looks like the cogs of wealth are finally moving!!!

Good luck to us all in the coming months......

are you claiming hardship direct from A&L too?

I wouldnt put too much store in A&L changing solicitors.
    LegalBeagles
  • monlou
    monlou Posts: 130 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi There
    I am also claiming due to financial hardship
    does it make a difference if they eveidence they require is in my married name and not my maiden. The account in question was originally opened before i got married.
    Would a photocopy of my marriage certificate help things
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport