🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

How FOS Calculate Refunds

Options

Comments

• tomboy100
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    Hi there, you have not made the 8 months payments that are left,so at £40.48 a month for ppi that was left this = 323.84 take this off the total ppi this leaves 2.105.08 so that is right.

Total ppi you paid = 1935.09
    The interest at 8% from 1st feb 08 to july 1st 11(i used the 1st of the month as i do not know when the loans first payment was made) is 234.93.Your redress totals with the 8% 2.1070.02, this is slightly over what you have been offered as i did not know the date in the month your loan started.

They have given you the correct redress as the ppi comes off your loan balance and as you say the loan goes down by the 40.48 that is the ppi payment.
    Does this help?.

i recieved a cheque today for my PPI of £2100.00
    thank you :j:beer:
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    tomboy100 wrote: »
    :j:j:j:jWhoopee doo :beer::beer::beer: got something right:D:D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    tomboy100 wrote: »

Well done to you!:T Congratulations!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • dexstroyer_2
    Options
    Evening all,

I have my statement back from Welcome finance and have sent my letters away asking politely for my money back...:rotfl:

Since the great people of these forums have said my PPI was front loaded and then interest charged on top, and I settled early, would someone that has the abilty be able to calculate a possible figure I MAY be able to get back?

The best I can do is post a photo bucket link for the 3 pages.

HERE...

It confuses me the more I look at it,

Thank you.
    Starting debt - £19,774.42 Remaining debt - £9,262.92
    Estimated debt free
    Jan 2017
    First success - 5 minute call to halifax £35 refund for mortgage exit fee arrived in 2 days!
  • unclepete
    Options
    Hi All

I am a new member and need a litttle information if anyone can help.

I built up some large depts with 3 credit card companies namely Egg, MBNA & Capitall One.

I recently came to a agreement with each of them and paid 50% of what was outstanding and all cards are now cleared.

I paid a lot of PPI to each of them over the years and as I was self employed it would not have benifited me.

As I have settle with them at 50% I assume I have no right to claim back any PPI but I have been told I can still claim it back.

Do any of you know the true situation in my case.

Peter
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    unclepete wrote: »
    Hi All

I am a new member and need a litttle information if anyone can help.

I built up some large depts with 3 credit card companies namely Egg, MBNA & Capitall One.

I recently came to a agreement with each of them and paid 50% of what was outstanding and all cards are now cleared.

I paid a lot of PPI to each of them over the years and as I was self employed it would not have benifited me.

As I have settle with them at 50% I assume I have no right to claim back any PPI but I have been told I can still claim it back.

Do any of you know the true situation in my case.

Peter

Hi Peter and welcome

The answer is YES you can.;)

You still pursue the ones who sold you the accounts, by completing the reclaim questionnaire below on step 3.
    Remember to keep copies as well, they normally have 8 weeks but may ask for more time if required as there is a backlog with some, good luck.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step3
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • louise74
    louise74 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    PPI Claim with Natwest

I took out a loan with Natwest in 2004 FOR £5000 PPI is shown as a total amount of £1319 total amount payable was £8135 APR 10.9% loan was fully paid off on 09/01/2009 have sent the PPI questionare and have since had a letter back saying they are looking into my claim and will get back to me within 16 weeks.

Has anyone had any dealings with Natwest just wondering how long they will drag it out for
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    louise74 wrote: »
    PPI Claim with Natwest

I took out a loan with Natwest in 2004 FOR £5000 PPI is shown as a total amount of £1319 total amount payable was £8135 APR 10.9% loan was fully paid off on 09/01/2009 have sent the PPI questionare and have since had a letter back saying they are looking into my claim and will get back to me within 16 weeks.

Has anyone had any dealings with Natwest just wondering how long they will drag it out for
    Louise, they will probably stretch it out the full 16 weeks, so far with all the rest they have done, although they have another 8 weeks on top of that to sort out the redress payment to you if they find in favour of your complaint.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    louise74 wrote: »
    PPI Claim with Natwest

Meant to add, look on the bright side the longer it takes the more interest they have to pay you.:D:rotfl:
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • unclepete
    Options
    Thank-you for the advice Dizzy, I thought I would not be entitled. I will get all my information together and write to them. I did write to Capital One and MBNA back in October 2007 but they denied my claim and Egg said I sent the letter to the wrong department but it was the only address I could find. would these letters still count as a first claim letter. I still have all my statements and corespondance from all of the companies.
    Secondly I had an overdraft with HSBC for about 15 years untill a few months ago and I had to take out a overdraft protection insurence as I was self employed which made me a bigger risk. The policy was for £3.75 per month. Am I entitled to claim this back?

I wish I found this site earlier it is a great forum I will recomend it to my friends.

Peter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family