NEWSPAPER SUMMARY - Tuesday 31st March 2009

2

Replies

  • heskpeskheskpesk Forumite
    2K Posts
    neas wrote: »
    Why are you happy about the easy living mag, because its accepted in waitrose?

    I guess so as Tesco cannot redeem so should not be used there and Sainsburys will insist on magazine being purchased.
  • hnscotthnscott Forumite
    135 Posts
    heskpesk wrote: »
    I guess so as Tesco cannot redeem so should not be used there and Sainsburys will insist on magazine being purchased.

    Exactly. It's about time there magazine publishers issued coupons without restrictions of where they can be redeemed. I'm FED UP of seeing WHSmiths only, or Waitrose, Sainsburys and voucher accepting independents. What is a voucher accepting independent anyway. Hate the Mail and Hate the marketing people at the magazine publishers. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • So does that mean the Easy Living can't be redeemed by Tesco?
  • Jemma1Jemma1 Forumite
    817 Posts
    So does that mean the Easy Living can't be redeemed by Tesco?

    Sorry to say this but no Tesco can't redeem the Easy Living coupon.
  • mcallister1mcallister1 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Free children's favourites dvd- p and p £1.99 or £1.45 stamps on an sae.
    Funtastic Children's favourites- bumper collection including Fireman Sam Pingu Thomas and Friends, Bob the builder and more. There is a different dvd all this week.
  • hnscott wrote: »
    Exactly. It's about time there magazine publishers issued coupons without restrictions of where they can be redeemed. I'm FED UP of seeing WHSmiths only, or Waitrose, Sainsburys and voucher accepting independents. What is a voucher accepting independent anyway. Hate the Mail and Hate the marketing people at the magazine publishers. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:


    They probably got wise to the fact that we were using the coupons without buying the product?:confused:
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”:D
  • vlsvls Forumite
    64 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I think I might be one of the only people who does but I actually buy the magazine with the voucher (don't read them unless I have one!) so I don't mind where its accepted - many thanks for the info!

    vls x
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    101.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    vls wrote: »
    I think I might be one of the only people who does but I actually buy the magazine with the voucher (don't read them unless I have one!) so I don't mind where its accepted - many thanks for the info!

    vls x


    I think you are, I wouldn't buy Easy Living unless it had a major coupon-profit in it. But I may just buy a few Daily Mails in Tesco with coupons, then detour to Waitrose later to use 3 of the £2.20 mocs against some of their tempting food, which makes the trip worthwhile.

    Shame my local Waitys only take 3 coupons per transaction so I have to wait for a high value one to tempt me in there.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • richmanu7richmanu7 Forumite
    140 Posts
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I think you are, I wouldn't buy Easy Living unless it had a major coupon-profit in it. But I may just buy a few Daily Mails in Tesco with coupons, then detour to Waitrose later to use 3 of the £2.20 mocs against some of their tempting food, which makes the trip worthwhile.

    Shame my local Waitys only take 3 coupons per transaction so I have to wait for a high value one to tempt me in there.
    Do let me know how you get on at waitrose, as I could only use 10% recently of total spend:mad:
  • skibsterskibster Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    vls wrote: »
    I think I might be one of the only people who does but I actually buy the magazine with the voucher (don't read them unless I have one!) so I don't mind where its accepted - many thanks for the info!

    vls x

    Me too, lol. As these vouchers usually have a long expiration date, I expect it could probably be used against this month's mag or the one that will come out in early April (regardless of which issue the coupon says it's for, it works until the expiration date).

    Do you know if there was a free gift with the issue on stands now? And if/what the free gift will be in the upcoming issue? I've got to decide if I want to use the voucher now or wait until next month, lol. Suppose I could get two papers, but I'm not *that* enthralled with the mag.

    EDIT: Nevermind, I just got the paper and the coupon says the current issue includes a free bag. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides