Best deal for breakdown cover please

Options
I have an old N reg Rover 100 but it has only done 16k from new. I have looked on some sites and if the car is over 10 years old some wont cover it. Does anyone have any recommendations as I dont want to pay over internet and all the deals such as AA get a free £20 m&s voucher appears to be for internet payment only. Do they take ukash lmao

Comments

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RAC cover from the man outside Tesco?
  • dirtyflannel
    Options
    never see one when you want one been searching the car parks regular away lol
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The man outside tescos selling Breakdown Cover would probably be the most expensive option for buying brakdown cover.

Some car Insurers offer breakdown cover at a subsidised price so it might be worth speaking to them.

Or try Quidco

http://www.quidco.com/rac/ or http://www.quidco.com/aa-uk-breakdown/

Do a search of the forums of MSE as there are lots of threads on this, also have a look at this thread for Auto Aid (You need to be able to pay for the recovery etc yourself and then they refund you) http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=382667&highlight=autoaid

Please bear in mind there is a difference between Roadside Assistance and Recovery / Relay. Basically Roadside Assistance will normally provide an hours labour at the road side and then in normal circumstances will tow the vehicle to the nearest garage. Relay / Recovery gives you the labour at the roadside and then gives you the option of being towed to your home or destination. (Roadside Assistance tends to be the cheapest option) So when buying cover make sure you understand what you are buying
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    find a deal online and then call then up and see if you can do the same deal over the phone with debit card.
    i had RAC for £29 last year,renewal for this year was £35,ended up a family member got the top AA package (homestart,relay,etc..) for all four family members for £60 due to thier job,its as expected introductory offer and im sure it will jump in price next year.
    doesnt help you unfortunatly,but personally i would stick with the AA or RAC or green flag, you here some horror stories about additional fees and charges with some of the smaller companies.
    ...work permit granted!
  • shelly
    shelly Posts: 6,394 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you shop at Tesco? If so you can use clubcard vouchers to buy RAC cover. We got a very good package for £33 worth of vouchers.

If you don't shop at Tesco then ignore me :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport