PPI reclaim - Help!!

Options
Before I frustrate myself going through the whole process, I have 1 question, I'm self employed (Taxi Driver) what loopholes should I wacth out for?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    calandaid wrote: »
    Before I frustrate myself going through the whole process, I have 1 question, I'm self employed (Taxi Driver) what loopholes should I wacth out for?

Hi hun

I take it you want some help in reclaiming PPI if you feel you have a case.

Do you have the terms and conditions for this at all?
    If so check them out or maybe check them online on their website.

Although you may not have been covered if self employed, although they all vary from one policy to another.

For more details on ppi reclaiming check this link here to help you through the process of reclaiming, with letter templates, if you feel you have a case here, write to them by using the template but obviously add your own reasons, they have 8 weeks to respond.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Another letter maybe required if not successful first time round, so basically keep on at them until you receive the final response, where you should be informed in the final letter of how you can take this further, generally with the Financial ombudsman service if eligible.

Keep on at them.;)

If you've no agreement, write to them and ask for the copy of this and enclose a £1 cheque or postal order payment to cover the cost of this, and they should supply this to you by 12 days of request, post all letters by recorded delivery to ensure you have proof of posting, good luck.

Yell if you need any further help.

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • orangetrader
    Options
    just to add to good advice in previous post. you have good grounds so don't give up or be put off by fob-offs. Another consideration is when you took out the policy, if after jan 2005 you can use FOS. If pre jan 2005 you can only use FOS if you bought it from a bank. Also bear in mind you need to complain to the company that sold it to you e.g. if you went through a broker
    good luck:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport