Tonight Programme...The NHS.....

Options
Just watching the Tonight programme on ITV at the moment....

Despite millions of pounds of public money being put into the NHS, people are still not happy with the service....having said that, the spend per head of population is far less than most countries.....

Do you think the time has come to have a private health system where you pay your money and you get the corresponding service.....??

Comments

• karenmc_3
    Options
    Definetley not.
    My husband had cancer and is now on permenant medication. Hes had lots of issues over the years. My youngest has down syndrome and weve recieved a lot of help.
    I think the nhs is fantastic and we would not be able to get insurance if the system was changed, as it is life and travel ins for us is very costly
  • funguy
    funguy Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would agree with you karen but im fed up of people constantly moaning and complaining about the staff, resources and then continually demanding more and more from the NHS.....i also think the NHS is fantanstic!!

The NHS is a limited resourse and clearly is not able to keep up with what people want.....maybe we, the public in general, need to realise that its not 100% perfect but we are in a far better position than most of the rest of the world..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure