Car help please

Options
I currently have a 2003 Hyundai Acccent Diesel - the 5 year warrenty expired about 4 months ago and thinngs are starting to go wrong with it.

I am therefore looking to change - we also have a new addition & a rather big pram! so am looking for something of a similar size or a tiny bit smaller.

My budget is about 7/8k plus part exchange value - the less the better - just wondering what anyone recommends?

should i stick with diesel - i do about 15/16k a year

I would like a reasonable length of warrenty - possibly kia ceed ? hyundai i30 too expensive

i have also never bough 2nd hand before - should i risk it

looking for cheap insurance & gd economy

many thanks in advance for any help - its very hard to look for a new car when the new addition has colic!

Comments

• Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The best warranties are on the Korean Cars so might be as well sticking with them if you are happy. To get the best deal you want to look for a pre-reg or a demonstrator or perhaps one upto a year old.

On saying all that there was an article in the Telegraph motoring section this weekend saying if you can't get at least 15% off list price then go elswhere.

On your mileage either petrol or diesel probably just favouring diesel but do your sums.
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    what kind of things are going wrong with the current car? would it be cheaper to repair and run it for another year?
    ...work permit granted!
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    Options
    You've already identified the long warranty options.
    Another one to consider is the Skoda Octavia Estate, you can get something young, still under warranty and decent on your budget. Only a 3 year warranty, but things very rarely seem to go wrong on Skoda's.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I second the Skoda. And to be fair, £7-8k + trade in is very reasonable budget.
  • black_tip
    Options
    Hi,

I would definately go fo a used Kia ceed, If you buy a used example from a Kia dealer up to 18 months old with 18,000 miles they will give you a 7 year warranty on it.

The Ceed also received stunning reviews in the latest Autoexpress Driver power survey coming top of its class.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure