Grabbits missing from NI Asda, Sainsburys, etc.

Options
Nomad25
Nomad25 Posts: 1,995 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
:mad: Does anyone else get really peeved at this?

I regularly view UK Hotdeals and the MSE Grabbit board - see a good deal, make a trip to the supermarket in question and it's nowhere to be seen and if you ask in-store, the staff give you that 'crawl back under a rock, why don't you' look :rolleyes: .

Even more annoying when an offer has been plastered all over the tv.

I know some of the offers are down to so called geographical discretion, but do the 'powers that be' think we don't care about deals in NI? Maybe it's just my local ones that miss out?

Comments

• Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. I don't think it's anything with us being on this side of the pond, but simply because the information is wrong or the item is only available in certain stores. It's a tactic they use to get you in the store.

I'd like to know if this happens to people who are buying stuff online. as the groceries come from a warehouse.
  • Nomad25
    Options
    It's a tactic they use to get you in the store.

:o It works..........
  • Pretani
    Options
    what is the MSE Grabbit board ?
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dave
  • Pretani
    edited 2 June 2009 at 3:06PM
    Options
    I used the MySupermarket and the Hotdeals website as a guide to go shopping yesterday in Tescos and Asda, N.I.

It turned out I got everything in offer in Tescos, except for the Porkinson and Debbie and Andrews sausages, but in ASDA there was nothing on offer which was advertised.:mad:

Overall, I've found that Tescos have some things which are advertised on the web, but ASDA generally doesn't have anything. This has not been the first time I've went to ASDA with a list and found out the deals are different from the internet.

The more I use these websites and visit the stores, the more I'm convinced our N.Ireland offers are different from the rest of the UK.

Not impressed at all.

Anyone know what Stormont MP to contact?
  • cooki2222
    cooki2222 Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    Pretani wrote: »
    I used the MySupermarket and the Hotdeals website as a guide to go shopping yesterday in Tescos and Asda, N.I.

It turned out I got everything in offer in Tescos, except for the Porkinson and Debbie and Andrews sausages, but in ASDA there was nothing on offer which was advertised.:mad:

Overall, I've found that Tescos have some things which are advertised on the web, but ASDA generally doesn't have anything. This has not been the first time I've went to ASDA with a list and found out the deals are different from the internet.

The more I use these websites and visit the stores, the more I'm convinced our N.Ireland offers are different from the rest of the UK.

Not impressed at all.

Anyone know what Stormont MP to contact?

Well if u want those offers then u might have to go to a store across the pond and in that case ul be contributing to global warming so i think Sammy Wilson would be your best bet :D
  • Nomad25
    Options
    so i think Sammy Wilson would be your best bet :D

[ha-ha]

oh jeez - what would be the odds on an outside runner?
  • Pretani
    Options
    cooki2222 wrote: »
    Well if u want those offers then u might have to go to a store across the pond

Do you know if these offers are available if I buy online?
  • Pretani
    Options
    Come on? there bound to be people who buy groceries online, does the same crap happen to you?
  • Pretani
    Options
    Hi Nomad25, its a pity this didn't take off when you mentioned it. It might have been taken to europe.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure