🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ideas and Vouchers for Scotlands Attractions

Options
Hi Just booked a couple of days in April using the £10 room offer at the travel lodge in Edinburgh Central for myself,OH and two children. I'm looking for some advise on where to go, what to see. Are there any offers around at the moment for cheaper entrance fees and any suggestions for lunch and dinner at restaurants in the centre. We obviously want to visit Edinburgh Castle and probably the Royal Yacht Brittannia. Has anyone done the Auld Reekie Tour? Thanks for any help.
Look after the pennies and the £££s will look after themselves

Comments

• alison74
    alison74 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Options
    Have a look at the Scotland forum and there is all the info there you would need for your stay

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=88

Have a nice time, we are a friendly bunch up here
  • Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks alison74, I found the Scotland thread after I posted here. Makes sense really! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
  • Finishrich
    Finishrich Posts: 1,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    try http://www.daysoutuk.com/VoucherSearchResults.aspx?where=Scotland&RestrictedVoucher=False

There is a free child voucher for the Royal Yacht Britannia plus others.

Just noticed you need to become a member costs £14.95. Might be worth checking though.
  • Joto_2
    Joto_2 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the info, you do need to be a member although there are some free vouchers available just not in Scotland.
    I have managed to find some for The Royal Yacht Brittannia and a couple of other place at https://www.whattodowiththekids.co.uk.
    Sorry I don't know how to do a link, but this site is always worth looking at.
  • ericthelobster
    Options
    Hi
    lived in Edinburgh as a child and took ours round last year. The castle with its crown jewels and big gun is the usual attraction, Edinburgh zoo is great. If its raining the Botanic gardens have a huge set of hot houses which will keep you busy most of the afternoon and if your kids are 8+ take then to Dynamic Earth (brilliant, expensive but there are often deals on tourist bumf)
  • Jazzy_B
    Jazzy_B Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Options
    My kids really enjoyed Camera Obscura. You can use Tesco deals tokens here, and at Dynamic Earth.When we were there we found lots of vouchers for reduced entry costs at any attraction. The Museum of Childhood is free, and is just round the corner from the central Edinburgh Travelodge. The Fudge Shop is always a popular stop off point on the way to the Royal Mile.
  • Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If you are going to be in Edinburgh on either the 1st or 2nd; it's free to get into the castle. Usual price is about £9 for adults.
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport