🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What are Halifax doing ?

Options
I have a crdit card account with Halifax with a £7,300 limit. I haven't used the card for a couple of years but phoned them last Tuesday to see if they could offer any balance transfer rates.

I was told i could transfer £5,700 to clear my Egg account and was told i could have a life of balance rate of 6.95%.

Because i hadn't used my card for a while, i was told that a new card had to be issued before the balance transfer could be made. The advisor told me she would pohne in about a week to do the transfer and confimred she would hold the rate of 6.95%.

I received a new card on thursday notifying a limit of £7,300.

Today i have had a letter stating "we were unable to process your request for a balance transfer ". No further explanation given.

What are they up to ?

Comments

• exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm sure Halifax could give you more info than anyone here ;)
  • Robert_Sterling_3
    Options
    Perhaps they changed their minds.
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
  • Sam37
    Sam37 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Did you arrange the BT online?

Something similar happened to me, I found then out on this site that this apparently is related to codes/the system and the like with Egg particularly, but that you should be able to do it if you arrange the BT by phone.

I didn't pursue my BT, as I didn't find it worth the hassle, but if you're keen I'd give that a shot.
  • jools10
    jools10 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks sam 37. Have just phoned. They had tried to do the balance transfer before the new card was issued. Transfer done over the phone at 6.95% life of balance.

Guy was very helpful and also reduced annual card rate by 4% to 13.5% on any new purchases as i have had the card since 1994 and was a loyal customer !!

My faith has been restored !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family