Looking for a job with a pre school child at home, how does it work with JSA

Hi there

I have just been made redundant from my job but I am paid till end April

I phoned Tax credits for advice and they said I wont get help with childcare as I am no longer working so I am taking my daughter out of nursery and she will lose her place.

I have been gettting £164 tax credit per week, I have two children 1 age 6 and 1 age 2 who was in full time nursery costing about £128 per week.

Tax credit says I will get £90 per week child tax credit and about £15 per week working tax credit but no childcare element as obviously I wont be using nursery. Does this sound correct ?

At the end of April I intend to try and claim Cont based JSA as I have worked for years and I hope i will be entitled to this.

Regarding the JSA how does it work because I will have a child under 5 at home who I will be caring for but I will still be seeking a job, but part time in school hours.

My previous jobs hours allowed me to drop off and pick up from school and nursery so this is what I will be looking for. I know jobs like this are out there but there arent many jobs at the moment.

Question is will I be forced to be interviewed for jobs etc which wouldnt suit school hours ? Plus I believe a requirement for JSA is that you have to be able to start work within 48 hours, because I have lost my job and taken my daughter out of nursery I dont have any childcare set up and if I want to start using a private nursery I will have to pay a massive deposit which I dont have, how does this work if you have a child under 5, I cant just take a job the next day find a nursery the day after and dump her in it, but I will genuinely be looking for a job but are they going to see it like that :confused: Help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure