We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Train Travel
echelon101
Posts: 279 Forumite
I am looking to get to Stanstead Aiport from Southampton and back.
Ideally this is what would happen
Monday 30th - Southampton -> London (stay overnight)
Tuesday 31st - Liverpool Str -> Stanstead
April 4th - Stanstead -> Liverpool Street (stay in London)
April 9th - London -> Southampton
Can I do this all on one ticket? I don't think it works with an off-peak return as I would doing the 2nd trip before 0900 but might it work with an anytime return?
Ideally this is what would happen
Monday 30th - Southampton -> London (stay overnight)
Tuesday 31st - Liverpool Str -> Stanstead
April 4th - Stanstead -> Liverpool Street (stay in London)
April 9th - London -> Southampton
Can I do this all on one ticket? I don't think it works with an off-peak return as I would doing the 2nd trip before 0900 but might it work with an anytime return?
Buy for value not cost.
Feb Grocery = £55.87 / 80
Feb Grocery = £55.87 / 80
0
Comments
-
If you can get to Waterloo for 8.39 (next available train is 10.39) you can book via Megatrain for £6 each plus the 50p booking fee for the 9th April. You can also get an offpeak fare for £13.50 for Southampton to London on the evening of 30 March.0
-
So that would be a no on using the single ticket?Buy for value not cost.
Feb Grocery = £55.87 / 800 -
It would work with an anytime ticket but there are cheaper ways of doing it - such as those apt suggests0
-
The anytime return is from London <-> Stansted is £54 (with YPR)
Soton -> London = £16
Liverpool <-> Stansted = £19
London -> Soton = £6
= £41.50
Oh well I loseBuy for value not cost.
Feb Grocery = £55.87 / 800 -
No to your 1st question, If you want cheap try Southern to London Victoria, takes an hour longer than Waterloo but no changes and a bargain £2 each way with a YP card, plenty of availabe trains all day on Monday and most of the 9th. You have to book on-line and travel on the train you book. Look HERE.0
-
Even an anytime ticket would not allow you to stay overnight on the outbound journey.
So I suggest you look at getting four cheap single tickets (Southampton - London; London - Stansted; and then in reverse).0 -
If you are at Waterloo it would be easier & cheaper for you to go to Stratford on the Jubilee Line to pick up the National Express service from Stratford to Stansted0
-
Voyager2002 wrote: »Even an anytime ticket would not allow you to stay overnight on the outbound journey.
So I suggest you look at getting four cheap single tickets (Southampton - London; London - Stansted; and then in reverse).
I thought the rules had recently changed to make the outward half of an anytime ticket valid for several days? Or is that an oversimplified view of it0 -
Monday 30th - Southampton -> London (stay overnight) £16 (I can't make the Southern times)
Victoria <-> Stanstead = £13 rtn with Terravision bus
April 9th - London -> Southampton £2 with Southern from Vic
= £32Buy for value not cost.
Feb Grocery = £55.87 / 800
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards