Discount for Mark Warner holiday?

Options
Does anyone know of the best way of trying to get a discount from a Mark Warner holiday - I have tried through Thomas Cook and the best they say they can give me is 7% - I was kind of hoping to get 10-15% or am I just living in hope?
Also has anyone ever been to their Paleros Village resort in Greece - planning to go in Oct half term - so any views would be appreciated!
thanks
bargain-lil
xx

Comments

• littlejimmy
    littlejimmy Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Best way I know of getting a decent discount is to have a relative who works for them, about 25% off at the moment I believe?!

Also if you go to Mark Warner's website, they are running money off promotions on their Winter hols right now, I assume they'll do the same thing in the Summer?
  • bargain-lil
    bargain-lil Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    I have managed to get a £200 saving from Sundeal - which is around 11% which I think is about as good as I am going to get as I don't know anyone who works for Mark Warner!
    Don't want to wait till nearer the time as it is kids holidays in October we are going so don't want to risk not getting availability.
    btw - I used to live near Wrexham - cefn-y-bedd! - small world!!

bargain-lil
  • littlejimmy
    littlejimmy Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    It is a small world, I have friends in cefn-y-bedd!

If you were going to Corsica in October I would have seen you there, I'll be working for Mark Warner in Corsica from April till October/November!

Off to work in Val d'Isere on Saturday, I would've let you use my discount but they say it's only for close family members :-(

Hope you have a great time in Greece, sure you will enjoy it immensely!
  • Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    If you haven't already booked, try Avant Garde (search on google)

We have booked Mark Warner through them, and we got quite a bit off the holiday price. Aparently they are Mark Warners preferred agent, so get good discounts.

Sadly if you haven't booked yet, the free child place offer has ended, but they might be able to do something for you
  • bargain-lil
    Options
    All booked today & got my £200 discount - yey! I think it was probably the best deal I was going to get - tried a local travel agents this morning & best they could do was 5%. I think I got an ok deal - particularly for the 1/2 term break - & at least we got a large family room for the 4 of us rather than squashed into one - so happy tonight - hols are booked!
    Just waiting for the Winter sun brochures for Christmas to come out to book for Mark Warner in Mauritius - price pending! Would love a staff discount on that one if you fancy sharing!!

Bargain-lil
    xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family