Section 75 refund - Is this response reasonable?

Options
hi all,

After a long (over 1 year) debacle with a diy store re a faulty bathroom (Store have failed to repsond to formal recorded delivery letters) I took legal advice and was advised to refer my complaint to the credit card ompany as they were jointly liable.

This echoed the excellent advice on this site and I follwed the letter provided on this site (tried to post link but not allowed !)
I have now received a response from my credit card company (just inside the 2 weeks) and it simply states:

We are sorry to read of the problems you have encoutnered with this company.

In an effort to assist you, I have written to them in respect of this matter, and will contact you again when a reply is received.

I trust this action meets with your approval

In short it doesn't as I am not convinced they will get a meaningful response in a timely manner. Is this a reasonable response or should I force their hand further to simply make the refund ?

Any advice gratefully received,

Regards,

james

Comments

• nzseries1
    nzseries1 Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    Options
    I think it is reasonable, because a credit card company has to establish that you're telling the truth, i.e. you haven't just made up the claim.

If the diy store doesn't reply to the CC company, then I am sure that they will take that as the store are at fault and you will be refunded.

These things take time, unfortunately :-(

It's to stop people saying "I feel like a free £500, hey I know, I'll just make a claim against the credit card company since they won't check anyway". Not saying you would do this, but there are a lot of people out there who would!
    You're spelling is effecting me so much. Im trying not to be phased by it but your all making me loose my mind on mass!! My head is loosing it's hair. I'm going to take myself off the electoral role like I should of done ages ago and move to the Caribean. I already brought my plane ticket, all be it a refundable 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure