Forum Home» Going Out Deals

Seen Wicked - where did you eat?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Seen Wicked - where did you eat?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Going Out Deals
12 replies 4K views
Kerry_o'keefeKerry_o'keefe Forumite
181 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Going Out Deals
Going to London soon to see Wicked at the Apollo Victoria. Any advice on where to eat greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• ali1972ali1972 Forumite
    599 posts
    Going to London soon to see Wicked at the Apollo Victoria. Any advice on where to eat greatly appreciated. Thanks

There is a Pizza Express very near by...
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
  • There's an excellent Thai place called Mango Tree, and 50% off food with toptable. We ate there before Wicked and it was....wicked.
  • also ASK, just along from Billy Elliot, and Garfunkels next door to Billy Elliot.
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • Pizza express , nice staff too v good meal
    E
  • A short bus ride away heading towards Knightsbridge, you could try The Chicago Rib Shack, wicked place!!
  • a_sava_sav Forumite
    1.7K posts
    There is a Wetherspoons near by if you are that way inclined i was
  • DON79DON79 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    since the tube makes it easy to get about, my sister and I used to have a treat and eat at the Cheers Restaurant on Regent Street, it is quite reasonable and they have lovely cocktails.

But I totally agree that Garfunkels is a good chain and good value for money too so that would be my other recommendation.

I would avoid the Steak Houses - we had undercooked chicken served to us in one and they were just a bit dark and dingy.

Am going to see Wicked in three weeks and I can't wait! Have seen it before lol! but still want to see it again!

p.s. can you tell by the avatar! :o:p
    BSC #215/No.1 Jan 09 Club
  • Just across the road from the theatre is Cardinal Place. They have Wagamama, Bar Ha!Ha!, La Tasca Tapas Bar, Nandos, Zizi Pizza.

http://www.cardinalplace.co.uk/shopping.html

There is also a Chez Gerard within the Grosvenor Hotel opposite Victoria Station.

Pizza Express & Ask opposite, to the left of Victoria Palace Theatre (Billy Elliot)

Pizza Hut on Victoria Street and Wasabi.

They are your best bets for the immediate surrounding area.
  • fluffybfluffyb Forumite
    1K posts
    We went to Pizza Express too :D

We found the service there was good as we were a bit pressed for time before the show started and mentioned this when we went in. They said 'no problem, we are used to it' and they served us very promptly and we were still in plenty of time for the show too even though they were very busy :D
  • ali1972ali1972 Forumite
    599 posts
    DON79 wrote: »

I would avoid the Steak Houses - we had undercooked chicken served to us in one

Incidentally I had the same problem in Masala Zone at Covent Garden. When I complained I was told "It's not undercooked, it's just not well done." Can you believe it?! Medium rare chicken! Then waited for another portion which eventually arrived after my mum had finished eating her meal and was still charged full whack. I haven't been back.
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support