Which accounts have travel insurance and warranty

Hey All,
Apologies if this has already been posted but can't seem to find it.
Doing a bit of spring-cleaning of my accounts and was trying to find information on which current accounts have:

1) travel insurance as part of their cover (even if there is amonthly charge). The cheapest multi-trip annual i have foudn is £69 for a couple which i'm trying to find a way of making cheaper via a current account.

2) barclaycard used to have a service whereby you got extended warranty on top of the standard warranty when purchasing something. Again, trying to find out who does this still?

Any help would be great! Thanks

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    2) barclaycard used to have a service whereby you got extended warranty on top of the standard warranty when purchasing something. Again, trying to find out who does this still?
    Nationwide (credit cards)
  • Slayerx
    Slayerx Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Natwest do offer it but the accounts cost £10 a month but do come with more than Travel insurance.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 065
  • pingu
    pingu Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey All,
    1) travel insurance as part of their cover (even if there is amonthly charge). The cheapest multi-trip annual i have foudn is £69 for a couple which i'm trying to find a way of making cheaper via a current account.

Any help would be great! Thanks

Hi
    have look here
    http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/currentaccounts/index.asp?page=home

free insurance for couples £48 if you want to add kids
    Honesty is the best policy doesn't matter which web site
    you are on!

if i had known then what i know now!

a bargain is only a bargain if you really need it!
  • Natwest offer an advantage gold account which includes a free yearly travel insurance policy.
    They also offer extended warranty on products brought through the home shopping service they provide.

Also lots of other benefits too.
  • lowedb
    lowedb Posts: 77 Forumite
    Check out the policies carefully. To keep costs down, they go for useless insurers like Norwich Union, and it's near impossible to get anything out of them when it comes time to claim.

The policies are aloso often inflexible when it comes to things like topping up cover for an expensive holiday, or paying extra to cover a known medical condition in a relative.
  • grumbler
    pingu wrote:
    have look here
    http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/currentaccounts/index.asp?page=home

free insurance for couples £48 if you want to add kids
    In fact, here: Premier Current Account. Insurance is European only ...
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    can anyone find the page that tells u what the insurance covers and how much it costs to upgrade to worldwide and to add kids etc

i cant seem to find it anywhere

thanks
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • grumbler
    shykins wrote:
    can anyone find the page that tells u what the insurance covers and how much it costs to upgrade to worldwide and to add kids etc
    Free European annual multi-trip travel insurance , Travel Insurance Policy (pdf**) . When it was worldwide upgrading to a family cover cost £48. Don't know how much is upgrading to worldwide now.
  • Thanks for all the postings so far people.
    Just popped into a A&L branch.

The headline-grabbing account is the Premier Direct Account which pays 5%. This does not offer travel insurance.

The one that does is the Premier Current Account which offers 1.50% AER on balances upto £2,500. This is free multi-trip European.

I asked for a quote for the world-wide and for a couple or family. They couldn[t do it in store but gave a number 0800 587 5046 and asked me to call them directly.

Hope that helps someone, somewhere :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport