Watchdog doing prevention - an exciting rarity

This is a Chat Forum discussion on Martin's 'Watchdog doing prevention - an exciting rarity' blog that you can read here
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: [email protected]

Replies

• cheeky question, but did martin bulk buy one style of shirt so as to save money? Only whenever I've seen him it's been the same shirt! :rotfl:
    :rudolf:
  • Just caught the last 20 seconds of it :o
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• m00niem00nie Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    good to hear you mention people can check on your site for more info
  • skintchickskintchick Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the end of it but spent so much time shouting 'that's Martin!' and explainign to my housemate who he is that I didn;t hear a word he said!!!! lol
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m00nie wrote:
    good to hear you mention people can check on your site for more info

The boy did good to get that in as they raced to the end of the programme ;)
  • VickyA_2VickyA_2 Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't speak, but I was pointing at the screen with OH wondering why. Then he realised that it was Watchdog and I only get overly excited when a certain Mr M Lewis is on. :D Good plug for the website though!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 declared
  • hmaffinhmaffin Forumite
    134 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I liked the teasing bit of chest hair that poked through the fashionably open top buttons on the shirt.......

;)
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As regards the actual content of the programme, I watched the film with the family and found it really interesting as only last night I went onto USwitch to see about switching my electricity and found it as easy as the clip with Martin showed.

:j
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys

Just got back. Im going to write a blog on it - but basically I'm so pleased none of you noticed my mistake. I said silly bug-gers on air .................. aaaah! Can't belive it

We were very short of time (the package i did was cut in half) i was VERY annoyed with myself!

Phew - no one seems to have noticed!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • hmaffinhmaffin Forumite
    134 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yeah I noticed it but I didn't mind - you could have said much worse :) Thanks for the great advice though - I was unusre what to do whether to switch from powergen or not (not only because of prices but because of the appalling customer service) but I think I'm gonna hold tight for now.

*Applause*
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides