Ticketmaster, can they do this, should I demand a refund ?

I recently ordered some tickets for an event from Ticketmaster, I was charged £3 for the delivery of the tickets, the event was only a week away and I got a phone call from TM (while I was out) saying that the tickets would have be collected from the box office. I would expect to be refunded the delivery charge, I have checked the invoice online and where it orginally said "Delivery Charge £3" its now changed to say "Will Call (includes Order Processing Fee) £3". As far as I'm concerned they have charged me for a service I didn't receive, I not happy about being charge £3 for a phone call :(

Comments

• Venkman_2
    Venkman_2 Posts: 51 Forumite
    can you prove it said Delivery charge though as if you can use that as proof you paid for what you havent got?
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    (Just being mischievous, but...

Surely posting it to you should be cheaper than holding it for you in a box office? You should only be complaining if it happens the other way around.

To post it out to you they can concentrate all the work with some lowly lackey who doesn't need any customer facing skills. Half-an-hour concentrated minimum wage work twice a week. Whereas to let you pick it up at the box office requires a higher grade of staff who is personable enough to face the public, the office has to be open several hours a day six or seven days per week with only occasional actual work being done. So that fee should, surely, be much higher? You've been given a bargain! :) )
  • Hailz86
    Hailz86 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Is it really worth the hassle for £3? xx
    2012 Wins - Danepak Fridge Magnet, £20 Just Eat Voucher, iTunes Song Download, Yellow Toaster and Kettle, Thorntons Bunny, 6 Months Gym Membership, £250 Multipower Products, 3 X Dalepak Vouchers, 10 minute sunbed session, Lucozade Sport, 2 X BMI Flights, Android Zeemote,
  • Tyler_Du
    Tyler_Du Posts: 712 Forumite
    Venkman wrote: »
    can you prove it said Delivery charge though as if you can use that as proof you paid for what you havent got?

Yes, I took a screen grab of the invoice
    Hailz86 wrote: »
    Is it really worth the hassle for £3? xx

You do realise this is the moneysavingexpert forum ? Would you be happy being overcharged by £3 on say a £60 tank of petrol ?
  • Hailz86
    Hailz86 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Fair point Tyler, sorry. Reminds me, I have a thread to post thanks for the help :D xx
    2012 Wins - Danepak Fridge Magnet, £20 Just Eat Voucher, iTunes Song Download, Yellow Toaster and Kettle, Thorntons Bunny, 6 Months Gym Membership, £250 Multipower Products, 3 X Dalepak Vouchers, 10 minute sunbed session, Lucozade Sport, 2 X BMI Flights, Android Zeemote,
  • Butlers1982
    Butlers1982 Posts: 3,286 Forumite
    sue there asses for everything they have. .
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Sometimes you can get tickets from the concert place via phone. I got 3 tickets to see Depeche Mode in December costs £140 plus £1 postage. Cost via live nation would be £166 and I got the tickets following day unlike some place you can wait months
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Book via Live Nation in future as they have an excellent Customer Service manager who trained with Harrods (don't ask how I know ;)).
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    So what you want them to do is remove the £3 delivery charge, and then, as you are collecting from the box office, apply a £3 collection charge.

Sounds like you are being a tad pedantic to me!
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport