Help with renting benifits

Options
Hi in 2 month or so i have to get my own place i am 23 single no children.i do have a disability but no registered as disabled what are the things i can get help with like reduced council tax? any help will be appreciated as with outgoings is right on borderline.

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    there is no such thing as a disability register now.

You would be entitled to 25% reduction in council tax if you lived in the property alone.

anything else we cant help yu with as you have not given us enough information re working, earnings, property you will be renting etc.

Posting an SOA may help
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • mickbhall
    mickbhall Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    there is no such thing as a disability register now.

You would be entitled to 25% reduction in council tax if you lived in the property alone.

anything else we cant help yu with as you have not given us enough information re working, earnings, property you will be renting etc.

Posting an SOA may help

Thanks it is a start i work full time on min wage UK. have no savings the property will be a 2 bedroomed house.400£ pcm. what is a SOA?
  • McKneff
    Options
    Sorry, statement of affairs, i dont know where the link is for this but Im sure someone will come along and point you in the right direction. You list all your incomings and outgoings then the nice people on here try to help you cut down on things that you didnt know you were overspending on lol.

Would you be able to take in a lodger seeing as you will have 2 bedrooms
    any housing benefit (which i believe is means tested) would be for a 12 bedroom only. (if you had a lodger you would pay full council tax
  • mickbhall
    mickbhall Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, statement of affairs, i dont know where the link is for this but Im sure someone will come along and point you in the right direction. You list all your incomings and outgoings then the nice people on here try to help you cut down on things that you didnt know you were overspending on lol.

Would you be able to take in a lodger seeing as you will have 2 bedrooms
    any housing benefit (which i believe is means tested) would be for a 12 bedroom only. (if you had a lodger you would pay full council tax

Thanks i done a quick search and found a SOA probly gonna shock my self now lol. i would be willing to take a lodger il just advertise.thanks for the advice once i hit 25 i should be able to get top up pay etc.
  • McKneff
    Options
    hi there, obviously my post should have said a 1 bedroom house not
    12 lol

Good luck
  • PolishBigSpender
    Options
    mickbhall wrote: »
    Hi in 2 month or so i have to get my own place i am 23 single no children.i do have a disability but no registered as disabled what are the things i can get help with like reduced council tax? any help will be appreciated as with outgoings is right on borderline.

You won't get much help, if any at all. The fact that you have a disability is inconsequential - you aren't receiving benefits, therefore you cannot be disabled in the eyes of the law.

Why don't you share a house with someone? Certainly much cheaper than 400pcm.
    From Poland...with love.

They are (they're)
    sitting on the floor.
    Their
    books are lying on the floor.
    The books are sitting just there on the floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure