🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Scam visits for electricity again ....?....

Options
BlondeHeadOn
BlondeHeadOn Posts: 2,267 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
It must be Scam-City round here at the moment. I was just posting on the 'Scam' forum about a telephone call I had received this morning, when I had someone ringing at the door telling me that he was here from 'The Electric' and it was about my overpayment of bills(!)

I have an intercom, so I asked him for more details. He told me that I had been sent two letters about it ('last year' - yeah, right). I asked again which company he was from, and he said 'your electricity company' (funny, you'd think he's know the name of it if so!)

He then said that I had been overpaying my bills, and he had been sent round to put it right. So I said "That's funny, I've been on the phone to my electricity company this morning, and they didn't mention it." ! **

Funnily enough, he didn't hang around after that!

:rotfl:

Do I have 'Scam Victim' tattoed on my forehead today or something?

:confused:

What is worrying is that I thought this kind of doorstep harrassment had been banned for utility companies - are they on the rise again???

** Total lie, by the way, but I knew it would get rid of him!

Comments

• HoofeHearted
    HoofeHearted Posts: 2,651 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Cheeky !!!!ers!

I would have been tempted to lead him along far enough to get info on him/his company and then report him/them to Ofgem:mad:
  • Vestra
    Vestra Posts: 856 Forumite
    Options
    Cheeky !!!!ers!

I would have been tempted to lead him along far enough to get info on him/his company and then report him/them to Ofgem:mad:
    Yeh like they would do anything about it..
  • Geoffo_M
    Geoffo_M Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheeky !!!!ers!

I don't think Ofgem are working this month. And next month, they are only working one day - April 1st
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport