hotel checker?

Options
does anyone have a direct line to martin, what are the possibilities of doing a hotel checker (baesed on flight checker), this is by far the most difficult area to sve money on when trying to arrange a holiday.
I find many cheap flights, but cheap accomdation, is a pig to find, without spending your life trawling.

TC

Comments

• saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • MrsM_4
    MrsM_4 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    I recently got a really good deal for april, 4 of us in a quad room just ouside paris, fab hotel from expedia at £101 for the lot!#

yeeee ha! :j
  • notakid
    notakid Posts: 10,362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for this useful post saveapenny. I have just booked my eurostar tickets and due to demand had to change my dates of holiday to take advantage of the deal. The hotel I had booked was only available my preferred dates and it had taken me AGES to find it at the right price. I saw your post and used https://www.hotelscomparison.com and got a similar hotel to the one i booked for my new dates which didn't take me all day to find!
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • alison74
    alison74 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Options
    I have saved many a penny using www.hotelscomparison.com and I first knew about it because of this site.

Oooooh, just watching Martin on the tv now going on about switching utility users.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think there is no option but to put a bit of effort in, with https://www.tripadvisor.com and https://www.hotelscomparison.com as useful tools, to be sure that you get a hotel in an OK location. People pick very cheap hotels in Nice and Prague and are disappointed.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • towncryer
    towncryer Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    thanks everyone i love mse site
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    Best ways to get a room at short notice cheap? Any ideas?
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • marko4ever25
    Options
    towncryer wrote:
    does anyone have a direct line to martin, what are the possibilities of doing a hotel checker (baesed on flight checker), this is by far the most difficult area to sve money on when trying to arrange a holiday.
    I find many cheap flights, but cheap accomdation, is a pig to find, without spending your life trawling.

TC

woh i had the same idea too!
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    www.hotelscomparison.com is great as a starting point. I also check www.find-rooms.com , www.travelrepublic.com and finally www.easyjethotels.com The latter offer "DOUBLE THE DIFFERENCE" back if you find it cheaper. T&Cs apply. In many cases its not hard to get it cheaper.Conditions basicaly are
    • Not hotel chain own website
    • Booking must be in GBP
    • Same dates /room type
    • paid up front
    • Bonded supplier
    • Will only refund Max 4 people 1 week
    Last point not hard to get round. Groups-do several bookings different people-(check avail first reqd no rooms + add a few for safety net)

2 week holidays-1 week with cheapest supplier (this can be any website inc hotels own) next week with easyjethotels just make sure the difference you quote fullfills the T&Cs (not neccessarily the hotel you booked for 1st week)

full t&cs are under the hotelopia safe 6 tab on the website.

*Hotelopia is the supplier for easyjet hotels however on hotelopias own site "safe 6" only refunds the difference not double the difference as on www.easyjethotels.com *

The default landing page is geared to you only booking hotels @ www.easyjet.com destinations but for ALL OTHER DESTINATIONS a link just below "choose your destinations" drop down box "for other destinations -click here"
    the exact page is http://www.easyjethotels.net/az_list.jsp?let=A&country=All

The last trip we took (2 rooms 2 days) after booking and notifying them we got a refund equivelent to 25% of the original booking price. (32GBP saved)

This really is not hard. 20 minutes to save some real cash
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport