would it be ok to phone tax credits

Options
i was made redundant last week and i phoned tax credits last thursday to let them know bearing in mind there is only a few weeks till the end of the tax year would my payments change in any way or would i have to wait until after the 6th april, should i phone tax credits or wait for a renewal to come, im just getting a bit anxious about money and being unemployed. its scary! please help

Comments

• marshmallows
    Options
    i would call them and let them know
  • Hutch100uk
    Hutch100uk Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It won't affect your payments. Everything is based on the previous financial year. My partner was made redundant last November. I rang them and I had to estimate what he had made from Apr 08 to Nov 08 and apparently it was still too much to qualify for anymore money! I think he would have to be unemployed for at least a year before it affected our payments.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    As long as you are able to give an income estimate (for both of you) for the full year April 08 - April 09 you can call them now. As it is the end of the tax year in just over a week you may not see a difference in your payments but you can call back from 6th April to give a new estimate for 2009/10. If this is lower than the 2008/09 figure you may receive an increase in your entitlment
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure