New Post Advanced Search

Ideal world

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
3 replies 702 views
rae25_2rae25_2 Forumite
127 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
Has anyone tried getting a refund from Ideal World and succeeded. I'm finding it impossible. I rang an ordered a duvet set before Christmas and it still hadn't arrived by february saying they were out of stock and sorry for the inconvenience. I changed my mind and cancelled the order and was told the money would be refunded. Now I can't ever get through to anyone who can help me and i'm getting sick of waiting. Any advice please?

Replies

• ceejayblueceejayblue Forumite
    310 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I have had refunds and they can take up to 21 days! Think of all that interest they are earning for Ideal World.

At the moment I have a complaint with them about a jacket and camisole set which is still being shown on their website at £19.99 for the two, which I saw on a TV show being sold as separates. When I checked with the Customer Services I was assured that they were sold as a set, so I went on line and ordered them with a matching pair of trousers.

When they arrived there was no camisole. Despite several emails (I refuse to pay for an 08700 call as they keep putting you on hold and it costs a fortune) I have had no joy with getting the camisole sent to me. I have now contacted Consumer Direct and they have advised that they have set up a case with the local Trading Standards as it seems like they are being very misleading with their website descriptions! I've now got to write to them and include all the copies of the emails (including screen copies of the website page). All I want is the camisole to complete the set but somehow I don't think I'm going to get anywhere!

Their customer service centre is notoriously bad and unhelpful. Most of their staff do not actually understand the products they sell and read from a script and can't think outside the box. It is just so frustrating.
  • kitekatkitekat Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Why do people continue to buy from this shoddy market stall outfit.there have been countless complaints on here and elsewhere on the internet about them,yet people still purchase and wonder why they are left angry and frustrated.One word AVOID
  • ceejayblueceejayblue Forumite
    310 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    kitekat wrote: »
    Why do people continue to buy from this shoddy market stall outfit.there have been countless complaints on here and elsewhere on the internet about them,yet people still purchase and wonder why they are left angry and frustrated.One word AVOID

I have to say, up until now I've had no problem with them and I've bought clothes and craft items from them. However, I am going to be more careful in future.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support