»

Courier Reverses Charges - Anything I Can Do?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Courier Reverses Charges - Anything I Can Do?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
WD40WD40 Forumite
54 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
Hi,

I work self-employed, making custom music equipment. Back in October '08 I got an order for the USA and was told to bill their UPS account. It transpires that, if the client doesn't pay their bill after 90 days, the sender becomes liable.... This happens even if the receiver has a valid UPS account and they SIGN for the goods...

The bill is for well over £200 GBP and I'm struggling to get in touch with the client. They may well be insolvent for all I know... I got the meagre amount for the goods I sent, but didn't think this would happen.

Considering they had a valid account and signed for the goods with their UPS number on the delivery, is it legal for UPS to do this? I expect UPS' small print describes this, but is it legal? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support