Credit card complaint, is there a time limit?

Options
hi all, i got a barclaycard in october last year offering me 0% on balance transfers, however in the small print that was only available for 60 days of opening the account and when i did do the transfer in feb 09, i was of course out of that period. this came to light after checking a statement to see there was interest on it. A week later, i recieve a letter offering me 0% on balance transfers. so i rang barclaycard to ask them what they were playing at. i was told that ANY and i repeat ANY balance transfer applied online are automatically entered in at 6.9% for the life of the transferred balance yet the website doesnt show you this. i wrote in a complaint in feb. i recieved a letter saying they aim to resolve the issue by 20th march, i stated that it was unfair to mislead people offering online that they didnt show anywhere online that you dont get the 6.9% if applied on line. ANYWAY, now the dead line is up they have said that it is still ongoing and that i should get a response by the 21st april. Now do credit card companies (bearing in mind its barclays) have a deadline for complaints to be resolved? they want me to pay them money yet they havent solved my problem!

if anyone has an idea please post as im sure i wouldnt be the only person in this situation.

cheers all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport