I want to study for next to nothing or free

Options
Hiya I was wondering if there were any really cheap or free part time courses to be found as I want to increase the amount of qualifications I have. That and have something meaningful to do with my spare time. I can't afford to pay hundreds for a course as my mortgage and council tax eat up nearly half my income and then the other bills account for most of the rest.

So thanks in advance for any help that is provided :)

Comments

• RoCas
    RoCas Posts: 3,929 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

This MSE thread might interest you:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=82675&highlight=courses

If it's of any help, please also thank se999 who originally found it.

RoCas
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Jarlawuk,

You may get more replies on the Student board, so I'll move your thread over there.

Pink
  • SamMoffatt28
    Options
    Depending on what you want to learn then why not check out your local college or adult learning centre. I've just completed a 2 year part time health & social care course (2 evenings a week) it was totally free and very inspiring. I could now get a job in a variety of places with the qualification but more importantly for me it has given me a good step up for Uni. Also depending on what level of qualification you are looking for adults can do skills for life courses in literacy, numeracy and IT for free.

Just a thought - how about volunteering for a local charity if you have a few hours a week to spare, it can give you excellent experience and it's for a good cause, it doesn't just have to be charity shops either, there's something to suit everyone out there if you look around!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do
    Sam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family