PCN timescales

i was parked in the multi car park on the 27/08/2008{which i had stayed on before}i put 7.20 in the metre at 6.30pm,which gives me until 9am the ticket was displayed correctly,i arrived at 8.25am to find a parking ticket on my car.i went to the supervisors office to complain,he said the ticket should not have been issued,the warden should have noticed that the 7.20 displayed on the ticket gives me until 9pm.but because it has been issued he could do nothing.but he made a note on my ticket to that effect he also said that he would send a note stating the ticket was issued wrongly.as time passed by i heard nothing from the councel.last sunday i decided to valet the car,the ticket and parking ticket i threw out{binned it}thinking that the time elapsed and the note the supervisor made the councel had cancelled the ticket. to-day i get a letter from the councel dated 11/11/2008 demanding 50 pounds. what are my rights? anyone know? thanks for reading this post

Replies

• frankriley - I would say your only option is to ask for evidence that you committed the offence. Most ticket wardens carry cameras so you could ask for a copy of the photo and details of time etc. The photo will probably show your ticket in your windsheild.

Also, I am not sure what the time scale that the authorities have to issue a PCN - someone else may be able to answer this. Maybe even the council might know.....
  • campfreddy wrote: »
    frankriley - I would say your only option is to ask for evidence that you committed the offence. Most ticket wardens carry cameras so you could ask for a copy of the photo and details of time etc. The photo will probably show your ticket in your windsheild.

Also, I am not sure what the time scale that the authorities have to issue a PCN - someone else may be able to answer this. Maybe even the council might know.....
    i think 70 odd days later is taking the pi s. sureley there must be a time limit?:confused:
  • hi,i am going through the appeal process,i sent my appeal on the 2/12/08.i sent it by registered mail.i recived my rejection letter on the 13/03/09{friday the 13th}but the date of notice was 02/03/09.{why it took so long?or was it backdated?}so from the 2nd of december until the 2nd of march is 90 days.what is the 56days default?....i am appealing again.i requested a copy of the work records{as the chap on duty actually wrote !! this ticket should not have been issued}but they did not mention any of this in my appeal}do i have a right to see the daily work records? my original fine was for.
    rating_0.gif
  • Neil_BNeil_B Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Got scans of any of these documents?

Presumably by 'letter' on 11/11/08 you mean 'Notice to owner' yes/no?

Rejection does indeed appear to be out of time. In which case there is no point in writing again to the Council (although constructive friendly persuasion can work with some if approached right - on the phone)

- and crucially - what Council?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides