DLA can i claim mobilty allowance

Options
hi i have been diagnosed with fibro which is a very painful muscle condition for me everyone is different i have twins aged 3 and i am really struggling with walking up the stairs picking my children up even walikng long distance i was wondering if anyone knows about mobilty allowance and if i can claim on these grounds,i am not too sure how it works so any info would be helpful many thanks x i drive as i have to go shopping and cant walk with the kids to far as the pain is too intense i am so miserble and sad but thats another story i just want to get extra help if i can

Comments

• healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You may be able to get an award for the Higher Rate Mobility componant of Disability Living Allowance if you are unable to walk or virtually unable to walk. You can get an application form from your local Jobcentre plus.
  • earplugs
    earplugs Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Katie

You can ring the benefit enquiry line and get them to send you a DLA claim pack - the phone number is Freephone 0800 882 200. It usually takes 7 to 10 days for the claim pack to come through.

If you want help with filling it in then your local Citizens Advice Bureau can help you to do that.

Good luck for the future.
  • katiemae0205
    Options
    thankyou will phone first thing monday thanks guys xxx
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou will phone first thing monday thanks guys xxx

Good luck Katie

I know this is not a nice thing to have, I feel for you.

You go for it hun, I also know its not easy to get on with everyday things in life, but wish you well.:A ;) .

As you know this site is also amazing for advice from these lovely posters, but there is also a direct site called "yourable", where you will get some help in regards of DLA info from former benefit advisers also tribunal members, who are as good as gold also, here:
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=1

Keep us posted hun and we are all here for you.

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • lolababy
    lolababy Posts: 723 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Katie my partner also has fibro alongside other problems. Id suggest and Iv said this before but;
    Get as much imformation documented ie tell your gp your problems and make sure they note them
    Get a form if your gp has them to fill in with care/ mobility needs they will use this for filling in the medical report from the dhss.
    keep a diary of your days and difficulties you have ie mobility/care..
    Claim both care and mobility. They go hand in hand with this condition. Care can be someone helping with the cooking putting on your trousers socks ect.
    Join Benefits and work. This site has everything you need for a sucessfull outcome. Its eighteen pounds but well worth the money.Most applications dont make it first time
    Last but not least never give up If you dont get it the first time apply again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure