Tesco value hair straighteners £1.75

Options
These were on a reduced shelf by the shampoo/makeup section. The original price was only £7, so I wouldn't expect them to be fantastic.

Comments

• zierisaver
    zierisaver Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    myrnahaz wrote: »
    These were on a reduced shelf by the shampoo/makeup section. The original price was only £7, so I wouldn't expect them to be fantastic.
    I'd save up and buy some GHDs!!!
  • mr_knight
    mr_knight Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    No they are actually not too bad. I bought them for full price when my GHD's broke and although they were not GHD's they didn't do a bad job. Worth buying a pair for spare.
  • hja_2
    hja_2 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    im sorry to say but now there are straighteners that are less than half the price of ghd's that are just as good or even better.
    people give into buying it just because of the name, ghd.

got some remington ones for 11.20 and £3 p&P, still a bargain.
  • ferrikins
    ferrikins Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I bought these at £7 last September as a desperate measure when I was away for the weekend and my Remingtons packed up. Tescos was the only place open to buy replacements and at such a low price I thought that they'd be ok to see me through the trip and then they would do as a spare set when I got back home.

Six months later, they are still going strong and I use them every day (I know you shouldn't but I always use protective cream and my hairdresser always comments that my hair is in good condition despite straightening it so often- so they can't be that bad for you!). My daughter also uses them a few times a week. A great buy for £7 and even better for £1.75!! I'll certainly be at Tescos tomorrow looking for a spare set! Thanks OP.
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    laduk893 wrote: »
    i think my hair is worth more than that - i certainly wouldnt wanna risk it at that price....

What, exactly, do you think might happen?
  • prettypoppyknickers
    Options
    i bought the tesco value hair dryer and its brillant really powerful for £3! and my ghd's cost me £10 on gum tree so they don't always have to be expensive!

and me2 are really good for thin hair :) and cheap too!
  • jenando999
    jenando999 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    laduk893 wrote: »
    i think my hair is worth more than that - i certainly wouldnt wanna risk it at that price....

I have these as an emergency backup...i.e. my daughter taking her GHDs away with her lol. I think they do a fine job but obviously don't get as hot as the GHDs so would think they are actually kinder to your hair.
  • Sylvester
    Sylvester Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't have any hair, but if I did £1.75 would be a good buy.

I guess £1.75 when I have no hair, would be a waste? :D

Unless I could straighten any other hair? (Chest and Leg!!!) ;)

May get a pair of these if they have any for the lady, even though she has 2 pairs of other branded ones. I guess at £1.75 it's not a bad idea for a back up
  • katy-lou
    katy-lou Posts: 487 Forumite
    Options
    and my ghd's cost me £10 on gum tree so they don't always have to be expensive!

and me2 are really good for thin hair :) and cheap too!

Are you absolutly sure theyre real? £10 for Ghds....:rotfl:
  • prettypoppyknickers
    Options
    yea got of gumtree so cant promise they weren't stolen but then you dont know that about anything on ebay either and i'm not gonna moan for 10 pounds when my hair is perfectly straight everyday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure