Co-op cards now charge a BT fee

Options
Tried to to top up/max out my Travel card. Even though I opened it last year with no BT fee, they are now charging 2%, so I told them not to bother. Anybody else know about this?

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
  • Clariman
    Clariman Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First rumoured here in December 2006 and took effect on the 16th January 2006.
    Author of the first Stoozing FAQ on the Internet and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators at Lemonfool.co.uk
  • MiserlyMartin
    Options
    Yes I see the tables. (superb site) But I didn't think they could change the T&C's of my existing old card and fees without telling me... and they did not send me anything!
  • mrsw
    mrsw Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    I have a coop card from last year for which the t&Cs stated no BT fees. I did a BT on it last week and they never mentioned any fees when I requested it. Perhaps I should double check . :confused:
  • Careful_ly
    Options
    I have just done another transfer to this card myself. (Travel card)
    It was opened in November.
    Asked before I did transfer that there would be no charge and assured that would be free :j

So I would try again MiserlyMartin. Misinformed by customer services I think.
  • realaledrinker
    realaledrinker Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fees Only apply to new cards with a 0% offer which were taken out (i.e. agreement signed) after Jan 16. If you have a card still in its 7 month interest free period taken out before then, then fee free transfers will still be available. Try calling again. These changes to T&Cs inevitably cause a bit of confusion in call centres.
    Ethical moneysaver
  • MiserlyMartin
    MiserlyMartin Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks guys, I will try again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income