Glass in risotto rice?

Options
Does anyone know the procedure for making a complaint to Tesco? Having just made risotto I was surprised to find a bit of glass in the middle of my meal! :mad: I'm pretty sure it came from the bag of rice as it was pretty smooth and round like a grain of rice...but definitely isn't! All the other ingredients I used where fresh vegetables and stock so I'm doubt it would have come from them (all from the same shop anyway). I checked my whole kitchen and haven't broken anything recently either. I'm not looking for compensation just to inform them there is glass in their food!

I looked on their website but it only has addresses to write to...any ideas what I should say?!

Many thanks

Dawn

Comments

• Butlers1982
    Butlers1982 Posts: 3,286 Forumite
    Options
    any ideas what I should say?!

Erm , , , what youve just put above.
    or why not go back in store and explain to CS
  • dawnlouise123
    Options
    I got it through the online order service and can't seem to find an e-mail address. May take it to my local store if they accept it.
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Options
    I would be inclined to ensure that head office was aware. From previous similar experience (not Tesco) I know that the returned item was simply binned by the store. Clearly the manufacturer needs to be made aware to ensure that there is no reoccurrence.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure