IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Recieved a PCN in Camden for Code 01, PCN Recieved, photos attached.

Options
This is the PCN attached as an image for all to see. Can you give me advice on this and tell me whether it is valid? I have taken as many useful images as possible, these are just a selection, at the time I was the only bike/car to receive a PCN on this street, which is shaped like a crecent, the lines and signs are not clear either, the pay and display bays are not marked out. Funny thing is I asked the CEO who issued the ticket whether the ticket was valid he said NO because of incorrect street furniture due to the yellow lines not being T'ed off, this is what the actual CEO told me!! Then I said why did you give me a ticket? He had no comment.....

the_pcn.gif

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

Is this PCN valid? 7 votes

Yes
57% 4 votes
No
42% 3 votes

Comments

• sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can you post up the reverse of the ticket too, please, as this contains important information that MUST be correct. Someone knowledgeable (not me!) will then be along to assist you.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And whilst you are at it can you remove identifying marks, number plate etc.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • JosefDunne
    JosefDunne Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    I have removed all the information (is that right please check my PCN above), I will post up the back of the PCN when I get a chance to scan it, I will let you all know.

Thanks
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Sorry, its still there on ticket and bike.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • JosefDunne
    Options
    What am I supposed to be removing, try reloading the page you can see the info I smudged out, my registration plate is fine to show no? PS. I will get the back of the PCN scanned when I can get the to a scanner.
  • 1984ReturnsForReal_2
    Options
    No- Road marking incorrect.
    Not Again
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Sorry, the picture was being loaded from my browser cache.
  • JosefDunne
    Options
    Hi Guys, here is the back of the PCN, that is all the evidence I have, any ideas, is this a valid PCN, clearly the street furniture is not marked.

pcn_back.jpg
  • muletman
    muletman Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    The street funiture is fine well from what i can see!

The line joins one bay and by the looks of the pictures the other end is a kerb but just by it another bay, when a yellow line joins a bay you do not need to have a T-bar, the one thing i would question is not the visability of the yellow line but the visability of the bay and hence you not seeing a valid stop to the yellow line. yellow line is 50% visable but the bay isnt
  • TheBogsDollocks
    Options
    As far as I can see that short section of single yellow does not have an accompanying time plate. Was there a sign plate nearby and if so where exactly or is the area within a controlled zone?

I would request a full copy of the Traffic Management Order and ask them to specify where within it that exact location is named and if so what time period applies.

It's always worth demanding a copy of all photos and a copy of the CEO's log book entry as quite often errors are made that may assist you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure