IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Threat to notify police of illegal parking

Options
I used to park down a sideroad for the past year and have just had a note left on my window informing me that my car had been regularly parking in a private space and if it continued the police would be notified. (The note was a printed scrap of paper, not official looking). A company are claiming the road is private yet there are no signs and the road looks to continue on from a public road. When I collected my car at the time I was rudely shouted at by the company's security guard who kept refering to me as 'missy' and I was left very upset. How can I find out who owns the land and if I genuinely should not have been parking there?

Comments

• pink.bunny_3
    Options
    The company has a car park on it's premises with restricted access which doesn't automatically mean the company owns the road leading to the building aswell. The building next door has a security guard too, the equivalent road is owned by the council and has restricted parking.
  • hartcjhart
    hartcjhart Posts: 9,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do not see what the police have to do with it,at best it is a 'civil' dispute
    I :love: MOJACAR
  • pink.bunny_3
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's not private land, I'm asking for advice on how to prove this not a judgement on whether I have any intellect or am telling the truth please.
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OP, ask the council. The police would not be interested in your parking on private land, in any event.
  • 1984ReturnsForReal_2
    Options
    pink.bunny wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's not private land, I'm asking for advice on how to prove this not a judgement on whether I have any intellect or am telling the truth please.

Trust me. I am pretty sure it is private land.

Do you really think a security guard getting paid minimum wage for 60 hrs a week is going to bother you unless there is a reason?

Anyway, go to the council, they will have records to what is public & you will find out for yourself.
    Not Again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family