zavvi

Options
Hi folks,
can anyone help my brother who has £80.00 of zavvi vouchers which he forgot about and has just found! is there anything we can do to claim back the money? many thanks...

Comments

• CLLC
    CLLC Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MSE :D

Sorry to hear of your problem but there are gonna be a few difficulties in regards to your vouchers.....

To claim back the value of them you must write to Ernst & Young and explain to them your situation , and hopefully they will give you the value of your vouchers. They were officially appointed the administrators of Zavvi so it is them you have to deal with.

But do note , that i'm sure you will be put on the bottom of the list with people with the exact same problem so it may take a bit of time for your request.

GOOD LUCK

CLLC :D
    :dance: I am great , yes I am :dance:
    :rotfl:
    :D If you think I was useful , Thank you, for thanking me :D
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,114 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    E&Y were the administrators, so anyone with vouchers would be put in a list of those owed money. Priority would no doubt go to any of their other debts/suppliers, and i'm guessing voucher holders would be very near the bottom, so would pretty much end up with anything left split between them. It wouldn't surpise me if people only got 1p for every £1 of voucher!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    It's worth a try but I wouldn't hold my breath. You will not be a preferred creditor and they are the ones to get paid first (Inland Revenue, VAT etc).

Regards,
    Art.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't know if it will help but zavvi have made an online comeback (zavvi.co.uk). It might be worth contacting them to see if the vouchers are still valid.
  • Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Come on you Irons
  • LinasPilibaitisisbatman
    Options
    If it was purchased befor 27/11/08 you will be lucky to get 5p in the pound i.e £4 back.

If after 27/11/08 you are likely to get a full refund
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How about if they were purchased with a credit card?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure