Diary of a Poor Person aged 46 1/2

Options

Comments

• mrscmr
    mrscmr Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hmm well its friday.
    easter school holidays began for 2 children on wednesday and the last one breaks up today.
    its sunny - cant be bad.
    ebay is going well up to 320 or so in 3 weeks with a BIG weekend of finishers ahead. been to the post office every day this week and finally getting to grips with the postage after a couple of errors on my calculations. still in profit though!
    egg are really getting me annoyed .. 2 letters saying no no no so i will take to the FO now.
    invoiced and got paid £360 this week which is good from my proper job. more to invoice next week.
    have spent bit of money though ... not so good... booked lazytown show tickets for sept - just 2 tickets, going to cinema today - 27 pounds + snacks and worst of all our car is in the garage needing about 1200 to get back on the road. the car thing is a long story - but in the light of keeping it brief, had a car stolen by some complete muppet, police found it after 2 weeks, had it in storage 3 weeks, now returned. they managed to do something to gear shift and that is the bulk of the work plus new battery, tyre but hope to sell it and then pay off a loan and have some cash left for distribution accordingly. there was not insurance on the car cos they had the keys so insurance would not pay out.
    but all is well that ends well.
    hope everyone having a good day and thanks for joining me and reading about my grim life!
    mrscmr!
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
    :heart2:Ebay Challenge 2011 - Still supporting from afar!
    Long haulers supporters DFW #223
  • The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    Chuffing heck! £8k - that is some wonga. Way to go.

Whenever we go to the cinema (we only go now on cheapo night) we buy our own snacks from the local supermarket and smuggle them in! Big bag of toffee popcorn for £1 something rather than £4, though do appreciate that perhaps taking in your own icecream may cause a bit of a dilemma. Could you imagine if you rocked up with your own uber large cool box!!!!

Your life may feel grim at times, but it really could be a heck of a lot worse. For a start you could still be spending...
    ** Proud to be dealing with my debts **
    LBM - Jan 2009 _pale_ : £24,802.21 :eek:
    February 2010 :silenced: : £18,078.47 (not including OD)
    July 2010 :( = £16,819.34 (not including OD)
    January 2012 :mad: = £14,338.75 (not including OD)
  • mrscmr
    Options
    hey mrs GG
    you are completely right... my life is not grim. :-)
    yes icecream could prove ummm sticky???
    as for the car thing ... the full story is: advertised car, man come to buy car, likes car, buys it, gives us 'bankers draft' for 17K, takes car [mistake], pay in cheque, its a fake, we stuffed. 2 weeks later police ring to say found car. and now we see what we can get for it. i tell u things here were grim for a while.. .but now we seeing it in a new light. we were 17k down and now we can recover a bit if we sell it. 17k is alot of money in anyones book!
    mrscmrx
    Highest Debt £581,000 Nov 08 and now owe nothing! yes really! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!
  • The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    oh Sheesh Kebab!!

That is not good.

Bad man, very bad man. May very horrible things happen to him. Pref vile diseases and may he take on all of our debt. That'll teach him.

All I can say, is put it behind you, lesson learned (ok so quite a big lesson) but you won't make the same mistake again.

17k is like a million squid. It is. So its no wonder its been stressful. You have come through from the dark side and ahead of you now is lovely sunny debt free ness.... its just a few junctions away. Every payment to a debt you are a junction closer to Financial Freedom Ville!

Its Friday, so treat yourself to a couple of malibu & pineapples!
  • mrscmr
    Options
    ah i would ... if i had some mailbu and some pineapple... tell u what i will imagine!
  • mrscmr
    Options
    well ebay is going really well. just over 800 pounds in 3 and a bit weeks. need to do more listing though.
    hoping car will be ready to sell next week - think we have a real buyer.
    really not spending unnecessary money which is good.. .consolidation is my best friend! ppi reclaims keep gettting a No NO NO from egg so its off to the FO and go through the long wait and see!
    have a great week
    mrscmr
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Mrs just popping in to say hello! Well done on your ebaying I must admit I still haven't ever sold anything on ebay...
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    £800 - you are an ebaysquillionaire my dear. Well done.
  • mrscmr
    Options
    guys... guys... sorry i have been absent... had crazy 2 days. school hols - driving kids everywhere.
    ebay annoying me cos firstly havent been able to list cos of annoying kids.
    secondly 2 things i sold they want to send back. now i dont want bad feedback so said yes. 1 of them was an expensive item so now im lumbered with a bad taste in my stomache.
    need to get a grip of self and back on mission....................aaagggrrrhhh plus hurt back so now im in pain - never hurt back before always thought back pain a myth... clearly and sorely its not!
    till next time... and hopefully im in a more positive mood...
    grumpily mrscmr!
    ha!
  • The_Golden_Goose
    Options
    I was wondering where you were!

Ah no bad back. Not good. Get yourself and your back to your local physician PDQ. Surely, must be a fixable tweak???

Don't feel bad about the EBAY returns, someone else will want it. I recall being sent notifications about items I didnt win becoming available again. All is not lost.

Regarding the kids.... suggest locking them in the boot of the car. With a portable DVD player. If the social catch on, you can inform them that you are preparing the children for how life might be like for them if they had to live in a nuclear bunker.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure