IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Petition to No 10. Clamping and unfair fines.

Options
Hi,

My father took my 92 year old grandfather shopping recently. He parked in a disabled space as he normally does and came back to find a £75 parking fine as he had not displayed his badge correctly!! The fine was £75 if he payed within 10 days, thereafter it was an extra £3 a day. There was no one to call and the money had to be sent to a PO Box. Now apparently that's legal....I think it's outrageous. Now my father could of not paid and made his case if it went to court, and that is what he intended to do. However after 5 nights of broken sleep worrying, he paid the fine. There is a petition going to the prime minister to try and stop these cowboys, in particular the clamping of cars. I would urge you to click on the link and sign it as I have done http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Car-clamping-law/#detail to try and make this kind of bullying a criminal offense and protect people like my father.

Thanks for reading, rant over,

Amanda
Failed to load the poll.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills