IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Car clamping company's

Options
My local council have just suspended a contract from a car clamping company from all council owned land amid complaints of cars clamped and £250 fines for the release of the vehicles.also bully boy approaches by the people who work for this company.

Good on the council. I agree some sort of penalty needs to be enforced to deter would be offenders say £30 but £250 is totally unacceptable.

This story has made big news in my city this week i was just wandering if any other councils across the country are doing the same or are fines of £250 common across the country from these wheel clamping company's

Comments

• john539
    john539 Posts: 16,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This story has made big news in my city this week i was just wandering if any other councils across the country are doing the same or are fines of £250 common across the country from these wheel clamping company's
    DVLA charges £200 to release vehicle after 24 hours & £21 per day storage charge. They charge £100 up to 24 hours.
  • thornbridge
    thornbridge Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Hi John.i bet that dvla accept cheques etc This company only accepts cash.

May i add i have not and never had a parking fine. It just seem scandalous to me the same goes to the dvla for the same unreasonable fines
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Hi thornbridge, I've moved this to the Parking sub-board, which council is this about?
  • thornbridge
    thornbridge Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Kingston upon Hull city council, crabman
  • Neil_B
    Neil_B Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    Kingston upon Hull city council, crabman

Oh THAT company. Yeah well documented in several threads on other forums.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport