🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Should i accept. Opinions please

Options
Thanks to Martins site i put in a claim for £515 after the second letter the CC company upped the offer from £95 to £450 as they were sorry it left me disappointed.

What is best, to accept with no more fuss or squeeze them for more.:D

Phil

Comments

• jopwo_87
    jopwo_87 Posts: 327 Forumite
    Options
    I think id take it... its only £65 less than the full amount you requested.
    Thinking it over...:o
  • BlueAngelCV
    BlueAngelCV Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    Take it. At least then it's all sorted.
    Wedding 5th September 2015
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why are you claiming this money back?
    Has the bank conned you or taken money from you without your consent?
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »

going on his term 'after the second letter' it has got to mean a reclaim of charges paid, i.e. reclaim your charges. This is where the term 'letter 1', 'letter 2' & 'final letter' come into play.......

Otherwise it'd be a full & final settlement on defaulted debt but this wouldn't warrant the term '2nd letter' so unlikely......

Unless the OP is just referring to a second letter that he wrote and not specifically 'letter 2'....

:confused:
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • BlueAngelCV
    BlueAngelCV Posts: 671 Forumite
    Options
    If it was full & final settlement on a debt why would it be upped from £95.00 to £450.00 because he wasn't happy?!
    Wedding 5th September 2015
  • AverageJoe_4
    Options

Why are the bank offerring a payment at all? Have they conned him or charged him unfairly or are they just being nice??

PROLIENT aka Fred the Shred.

AJ
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    If it was full & final settlement on a debt why would it be upped from £95.00 to £450.00 because he wasn't happy?!

That's how I read it..... was using it as an example but the letter doesn't fit. Letter 2 is specific to reclaiming charges

Thanks to Martins site i put in a claim for £515 after the second letter the CC company upped the offer from £95 to £450 as they were sorry it left me disappointed.

This to me means that he claimed £515 of charges, they refused saying we'll pay you £95 and he wrote 'letter 2' and then they offered £450 in return.

If it was a write off, then the same applies in that he wouldn't ask them to increase the F&F amount from £95 to £450 would he? lol

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    AverageJoe wrote: »
    Why are the bank offerring a payment at all? Have they conned him or charged him unfairly or are they just being nice??

AJ

check PM mate

• PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AverageJoe wrote: »

AJ
    Learn to spell.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Learn to spell.

LOL, shocking! :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories