Walsh Western - Dell's Delivery Company

Options
So, we ordered a Dell PC and all was fine until Dell passed it on to Walsh Western; their delivery company.

They phoned us yesterday and we agreed a delivery for today. OH has had to work from home in order to take delivery. Driver arrives, and it's 1 box instead of 3. We then discover the other two were "misrouted" (put on wrong van) and are now in Croydon!

Delivery driver was equally unimpressed as he's independent, and Walsh Western only pay him once for the job despite the fact he'll now have to return tomorrow with the other two boxes.

OH phoned Walsh Western to say that it was their mistake and they had to get the boxes to us today as he's had to stay home from work. They can't do that so now he's trying to find out if he can work from home again tomorrow.

:mad:

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Mistakes happen, thats life
  • Torby
    Torby Posts: 1,704 Forumite
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    Mistakes happen, thats life

more and more with Dell now....don't know whats changed....but their PCs are getting more expensive as well
    I'm now a retired teacher... hooray ...:j

Those who can do, those who can't, come to me for lessons:cool:

• sarah_elton
    sarah_elton Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Torby wrote: »
    more and more with Dell now....don't know whats changed....but their PCs are getting more expensive as well

Thanks to this site, I found a 10% discount code, went through Quidco, and put it on my 5% cashback Amex card. And Dell had reduced the model already. So the price was pretty damn good and we couldn't get a comparable spec/component quality for the same money anywhere else! :D

OH is in trouble with his boss for needing to work from home again tomorrow. If they mess up again neither of us can be there next week so let's just hope they get it right. Googling Walsh Western doesn't inspire confidence. :confused:
  • impster
    impster Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have a telephone number for Walsh Western - I'm not going to call a 10p/minute line as I've heard they just keep people holding on.

Any ideas (expecting a delivery since yesterday...)

Thanks

Impster
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Say no to 870 in google
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • impster
    impster Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    Tried that one - doesn't work.

I eventually got through to their head office - when I asked for an alternative to the 0871 number (at 10p/min), I was told the following:

"It's a premium rate number for a reason"...
  • New2u_2
    Options
    I'm a simple guy. If you have a problem, do what I did & send a polite, but clear letter of complaint to Michael.Dell@Dell.com. That was after bouncing around eight Dell phone numbers.

That is (was) one email that is monitored. I got a prompt response.

Simon
  • PinkLipgloss
    PinkLipgloss Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    Count yourself lucky they got your address right! They delivered my order to 6 Blah COURT instead of 6 Blah ROAD (delivery information clearly states Road).

I'm stressed out trying to sort it out. First neighbours lied to me, then changed their story and stated I can have it back in 2 weeks as their daughter has it at her house - and she's on holiday!

DELL have stated that they need confirmation from Walsh Western that it was mis-delivered before they will send me replacement laptop! They claim they will be able to do that tomorrow - time will tell! It was a present for mums birthday - argh!
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" (Douglas Adams)
  • nomoneytoday
    nomoneytoday Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Torby wrote: »

The GBP exchange rate was ruined by the ex PM and his croonies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure