HSBC PPI first letter reply

Options
Hope someone can help me - I sent off the first template letter for PPI reclaiming as I was self employed when I took out loans with HSBC in Sept 2002, May 2003 and March 2006.They have denied refunds as they say they sent a Policy Document with two of the loans and they sent me a copy of the Insurance Sales Acknowledgement Slip I signed for the other loan. They confirmed I would have been covered for involunary unemployment if I met the required criteria in the Policy Document.
Should I now send off the second letter as they do not mention this is their 'final response', however I do not have any further information I can submit with the second letter. Or should I go straight to the FOS?
(HSBC did respond within eight weeks - Jan 19 to March 6)
Thanks to everyone

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    pharmer wrote: »
    Hope someone can help me - I sent off the first template letter for PPI reclaiming as I was self employed when I took out loans with HSBC in Sept 2002, May 2003 and March 2006.They have denied refunds as they say they sent a Policy Document with two of the loans and they sent me a copy of the Insurance Sales Acknowledgement Slip I signed for the other loan. They confirmed I would have been covered for involunary unemployment if I met the required criteria in the Policy Document.
    Should I now send off the second letter as they do not mention this is their 'final response', however I do not have any further information I can submit with the second letter. Or should I go straight to the FOS?
    (HSBC did respond within eight weeks - Jan 19 to March 6)
    Thanks to everyone

Hi hun

I did also leave you a post above, but not a problem.;)

Write back if this was not the final response, tell them you will appreciate having this reconsidered as you are not satisfied with their response, and strongly believe you were mis sold the policy, and add if they are unable to uphold your complaint you will have no option but to consider taking further action via FOS.

Give them 14 days, then hopefully you should receive a good outcome from this one, as it seems you have received the standard basic fob off response, keep going until you receive the final decision, they will inform you on that and also enclose the FOS details.;)

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • pharmer_2
    pharmer_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks di3004, will keep you posted
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    pharmer wrote: »
    Thanks di3004, will keep you posted