Paying euros to an overseas account -cheapest method?

Options
Hi all,
A mate has asked me to find out the best way of getting Euros paid into a Greek bank account from over here? He has to pay for his holiday this week and doesnt want to get clobbered for high bank charges if there's a way round it. One option is to make an electronic payment to the Greek owner's bank account, another is to post a euro cheque, does anyone know how much either of these methods will cost, or are there any other options?
Thanx
;) debt free...yippee :dance:

Comments

• loobs40
    loobs40 Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I booked an apartment recently in Spain and was shocked to find a international bank transfer of a mere €50 for the deposit was going to cost me £20 in bank charges.

I got round it by persuading the apartment owner to use Paypal to transfer the money and I paid her paypal charges which were tiny in comparison with the bank charges.

Another alternative is https://www.moneybookers.co.uk although I have never used them
  • Louisa_Jane_2
    Options
    I had all this a few months ago - you might be able to search for the thread. I ended up just going through my bank, but I did think of Paypal. I did pay for the holiday all in one go though, so I wouldn't have to send it twice (deposit + balance).
  • hammy_the_hammer
    Options
    my bank wanted similar charges to those above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure