We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Hawaii as cheap as possible
lexilex
Posts: 1,953 Forumite
I'm just trying to price up a Hawaii holiday for my boyfriends mum. They went last year package holiday and are wanting to go back again in July. I'm trying to price up a DIY holiday for them now.
They want to go on 16th July - 30th July. The cheapest I've found flights for using Sky Scanner is £1,439.20. These can either be booked with Last Minute or direct with United Airlines. Same price, so will basically come down to what cash back or promotional codes I can find.
They want to stay at either Ohana East or West hotels. Room only. Cheapest I've found so far (still looking) is Ohana West at 826.40 with Expedia. This is after Quidco. Was hoping for a promotional code, the Sky Perks one doesn't seem to be working.
At the moment this is totalling £2265.60 before transfers, so still a lot cheaper than a package (priced it up on Virgin, £1603 pp! :eek:) but wondering if anyone can give me anymore ideas to get the price down further. Also, is booking a DIY holiday at the moment sensible? If flights get cancelled/changed, and hotel has been paid out for what will happen?
Thanks
They want to go on 16th July - 30th July. The cheapest I've found flights for using Sky Scanner is £1,439.20. These can either be booked with Last Minute or direct with United Airlines. Same price, so will basically come down to what cash back or promotional codes I can find.
They want to stay at either Ohana East or West hotels. Room only. Cheapest I've found so far (still looking) is Ohana West at 826.40 with Expedia. This is after Quidco. Was hoping for a promotional code, the Sky Perks one doesn't seem to be working.
At the moment this is totalling £2265.60 before transfers, so still a lot cheaper than a package (priced it up on Virgin, £1603 pp! :eek:) but wondering if anyone can give me anymore ideas to get the price down further. Also, is booking a DIY holiday at the moment sensible? If flights get cancelled/changed, and hotel has been paid out for what will happen?
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Ok. I can find the flights for about half of your quoted price. Have a look here:
http://www.travelstoremaker.com/cgit/porch?agentid=omegatr0 -
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but using that site the cheapest I can find that are actually available is [URL="javascript:submit_sort_form ("][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]From 1469.40 GBP[/FONT][/URL] for the two of them.
0 -
That is a referral link-use with caution !!! Someone is making money out of that link and there are NO £350 return fares to HNL for the UK in July so they are not been truthful !
Summer school holidays are unlikely to drop (I found the £700 United the cheapest too) but if they go in September it drops to £499 with Lufthansa (direct or with Opodo) or £504 with United using EbookersI Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole
MSE Florida wedding .....no problem0 -
Thanks! Wouldn't of spent that much on a site I've never heard of anyway.
I've found flights slightly cheaper on Opodo, about £1039, something like that I think.0 -
Just done a quick search on united vacations and it seemed to be coming out cheaper. Make sure you use the co.uk site.
http://www.unitedvacations.co.uk/index.asp0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards